• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll be watching from the center of the hollow moon; Aislyn

You twist, I turn, who's the first to burn?

You sit and stay, I don't obey.

If she had asked, he would have told her it was her and her alone. There had been others there. Others that had helped in his desperate bid for freedom. But she is the only one he had this connection with. The only one he wanted to seek out time and again. If she hadn’t been there, he has no doubt he would be so much more alone than he is. And he’s not certain his desire to be better would have survived it.

He knows he is naive in so many ways, but their connection is one thing he has never doubted. Even if he doesn’t quite understand the ways in which it has evolved, he knows what they share is real. Perhaps more real than anything else in his life.

Her quiet declaration brings a smile to his lips, his aqua eyes warm and bright as he stares at her. He’s not quite sure why she imagines herself lucky to have found him, but isn’t that why he keeps wanting to see her time and again? She brings out the best in him even when he fears his very worst is rising to claim him.

Voracious nods when she tells him she does not live anywhere either, gaze resting steadily on her. He’s almost afraid to look away, lest she disappear and leave him alone with the demon inside him again. She had slipped alongside him, so close they are almost touching. The blue-tipped feathers of his wings are no more than a hair's breadth from the warmth of her skin. Unable to help himself, he shuffles his wings until they brush against her ribcage. He only wishes it were his skin against hers, not his feathers.

The desire is so strong he lifts his wing without thinking. Then he stops, realizing his actions. His wing remains frozen above her. He had been acting on instinct. He had always acted on instinct without even thinking about it, but this one brings confusion too. He can’t explain why he wants to touch her so badly, but the chorus of it sings so strongly in his blood he had acted without questioning it.

It takes him a moment to realize she had said she wished to take him to her childhood home. To the place he was born. He frowns at that. He had learned of the children called foals in this place, but they confuse him too. He knows that children grow and become adults, but has never discovered where the children come from. He had asked someone once, but the mare had stared at him wide-eyed before stammering an excuse to leave.

He had assumed then that their method of creation must be a secret, like the methods that created he and his brothers.

Eyes bright with curiosity, he smiles at her, wondering if she knew the answer. “I would like that. Do you remember how you were born?”
    Voracious

@Aislyn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll be watching from the center of the hollow moon; Aislyn - by Voracious - 02-22-2022, 12:37 PM