• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll be watching from the center of the hollow moon; Aislyn

You twist, I turn, who's the first to burn?

You sit and stay, I don't obey.

His entire body warms at the vow she makes, pale eyes brightening as hope fleetingly overshadows the heavy despair in his heart. He thinks that perhaps that is all he needed. All he has ever needed. Someone who believes in him. Someone who could remind him of everything he yearns to be. It’s not even the words he requires. It’s just the steady promise in her bright eyes.

Drawing in a breath, he smiles. If there is anything he could say in response, it becomes lost on the back of his tongue when she touches him. His eyes slip closed when she brushes his shoulder, head turning instinctually into that tender touch, mouth finding the curve of her neck behind the delicate curl of her ear. It lingers as long as hers does, and when she slips away, he lets her. A part of him wants to follow. Wants that touch to last longer.

But tenderness is something so new and foreign to him, he does not know if he should. Does not know if she would allow it.

When he opens his eyes again, those aqua depths are filled with a luminous yearning he can’t name, much less express. Tilting his head, he can only stare at her until his tongue finally unsticks itself from the roof of his mouth. “How was I ever so lucky to have you find me?”

It’s a rhetorical question of course. Of all the creatures he has discovered in this overhead world, he has found no one quite like her. No one who sees him like she does.

He blinks when she asks him if he lives anywhere, the question unexpected. A frown tugs at his lips as he focuses on her, baffled. He hesitates a moment before replying, “I live… everywhere.” It takes him a moment longer to realize that she was probably asking him if he lived in a home, not just anywhere. Eyes clearing as a chagrined expression crosses his features, he shakes his head slightly, antlers swaying. “You meant if I found a home, didn’t you?” He shakes his head again, a little harder this time, a rueful light in his eyes. “If so, then I don’t live anywhere.”
    Voracious

@Aislyn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll be watching from the center of the hollow moon; Aislyn - by Voracious - 02-04-2022, 10:03 AM