• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll be watching from the center of the hollow moon; Aislyn
    BUT I HOPE I NEVER LOSE THE BRUISES THAT YOU LEFT BEHIND
    “I’ll remind you as often as needed,” she says, and while she says it in a light-hearted and almost teasing way there is still a genuineness to it that she cannot entirely hide. Outside of her family she has never been close with anyone. She did not have a childhood friend or anyone else that had been constant in any way save for Voracious, and she still did not really know what that meant, if anything.

She was too realistic to be considered a dreamer, had never much believed in fairytales or romance, but at the same time she did not believe in coincidences. Voracious had appeared in her life too many times for it all to be happenstance, but every time she felt that strange fluttering in her gut she told herself she was being foolish.

Their paths were constantly crossing, but subconsciously, she always kept them from merging.

Having something to lose seemed risky, and while she had never been the kind to play it safe, something told her to tread carefully into this territory.

It’s why when he first mentions caring about her that she can feel something inside of her begin to wall up; a reflexive hardening of her heart, a warning to herself to pull back. But she thinks of her mother, of how she had never been afraid to love anyone and almost immediately her face softens once again. Her vibrant gaze searches his with a cautious smile, and with a careful step forward she once again brushes her nose against his shoulder. “I care about you too. It’s why I don’t like seeing you be hard on yourself.”

Her touch lingers longer than it had last time, and when she does at last withdraw she does not pull as far away. Instead she stands there in the heat that radiates from his skin, becoming more and more aware of the electric humming taking place beneath her own skin. “Do you live anywhere?” she asks him suddenly, though it was not the question she had originally planned on asking. This was the safer version of what has been buzzing at the back of her mind for the last several minutes—Will you stay with me?—because it gave her the out she still felt like she needed.
    A I S L Y N

@Voracious

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll be watching from the center of the hollow moon; Aislyn - by Aislyn - 01-26-2022, 12:58 PM