• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'll be watching from the center of the hollow moon; Aislyn
    BUT I HOPE I NEVER LOSE THE BRUISES THAT YOU LEFT BEHIND
    His comment about remembering her brings a small smile to her lips, and she can feel a strange kind of warmth spreading inside of her chest. He strikes her as almost innocent, in a way that she cannot really articulate; not because she thinks he has never wronged, but maybe that he has never done anything with a truly malicious intent. There were no hidden motives to why he did things, and perhaps that is why she had always enjoyed his company so much.

But there is a shift in his demeanor, a clouding in his bright blue eyes, and the warmth is ushered away by an icy tightening as she listens to what he says.

“You are not a monster,” she corrects him, the words coming out harder than she had intended, but only so that she might somehow force him to believe her. But she sees the way he is still refusing to look at her, and she steps around to the other side of him, linking his gaze with hers and allowing her voice to soften as she says, “You’re nothing like those creatures, Voracious. I promise. Not the ones from where you came from, or the ones that came with the eclipse.”

She watches him for a long moment, waiting to see if he registers what she has said, or if he will be able to find any truth in her words.. Before he can respond, though, she adds, “Monsters don’t feel remorse.” Hesitantly, she reaches over to gently touch her nose to his shoulder, a brief brush of her warm skin against his, before pulling away. She has never touched anyone before, and she is suddenly overcome with a flush of embarrassment that she does her best to hurry away.  “The eclipse is over, so you don’t have to worry about those things anymore,” she says as she diverts her eyes away from him, looking instead to the rolling meadowlands beyond so that she does not have to think about how her lips feel electric from touching him.
    A I S L Y N

@Voracious

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll be watching from the center of the hollow moon; Aislyn - by Aislyn - 10-17-2021, 01:22 AM