• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  buried it where bones are buried
    FIRION

He has a talent for getting in conversations like this. Conversations where he is asked to untangle himself and pull himself apart. Where he is put on display for everyone around him—where he is to show them the darkest parts of his heart. Perhaps it is payback for how often he pushed others away. From how quickly he ran away from anyone who might come too close. Who might come to know the truth.

There is a multitude of reactions that rise in him.

Shame. Anger at being asked. Fatigue.

But he doesn’t show them on his face when he knows the only reason she asks is because he had offered up the truth to her first. So he just rolls his shoulder and offers a half-grin, the crooked smile softening some of the harsher angles of his face. “I both am and am not what others need me to be, but always at the wrong time.” A cryptic answer but he has no other way of explaining without more of her time.

“I don’t mind the disappointment though,” he continues and he relaxes a little into the confession, because with the wind continuing to howl around them in this personal blizzard, they feel alone. He feels like he can share these things with the girl carved of ice and she will not react.

Is this when he tells all of his sins?

“You grow used to the weight of it and then it’s like you’ve never known anything at all.”

so as our grief falls flat and hollow upon a billion blooded seas
    all our worst ideas are borrowed (you do and don't belong to me)

@camellia

Messages In This Thread
    buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 08-22-2021, 12:28 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 08-22-2021, 03:54 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 08-22-2021, 04:35 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 08-23-2021, 10:08 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 09-02-2021, 12:34 AM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 09-09-2021, 01:59 PM
    RE: buried it where bones are buried - by firion - 09-19-2021, 05:42 PM