• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  but damn you've got the sharpest teeth
    GALADRIEL

Galadriel feels Reave before she sees him. He is there, so very there, in her memories. She doesn’t rear her head away from his searching, doesn’t quiver in fright. The memories he finds are ones she offers, she’s sure of it. Rel invites him in, as she always will, with no shame to blanket her memories.

When he comes to her as she hoped (and knew, deep down, knew that he would), Rel releases a reverent breath and turns her head, violet eyes bright with so many words that will remain unsaid. She doesn’t deny him the bite of his words, doesn’t deny him the brunt of his feelings; instead, Galadriel turns to face him, chest still heaving from the weight of her new magic. She might smile at him, welcoming, but neither of them are particularly warm—and she is certain she doesn’t need to offer Reave affection for him to know what swells in her chest at the sight of him.

“With many things, yes,” Rel murmurs. Her ears twitch as the storm above swells and threatens to break. He has been busy, too, but she doesn’t need to dive into his memories to know that. Reave’s clever and restless nature shields him almost as well as his bones. “I won’t resent you for that bite, Reave, but—” Here she stops, jaw set, eyes unblinking. She watches him in the silence that stretches between them, allowing the wind and the waves to batter her ears.

Rel is many things, but shy she is not. The woman she is now is a far cry from the one Reave first took home. When she sits in silence, it is only because she wants her words to come out exactly as they need.

“I want to know you,” Rel finally states, lifting her chin to a proud and challenging height. “All of you.” Two simple statements. She does not know how else to elaborate. “I want you to know all of me,” she adds, words falling away into the crash of the sea. Her legs flutter between water and flesh, emphasizing the racing of her mind.

Rel doesn’t admit what sits in the back of her head: she wants to be like him, too. To help him in all that he wishes to do. She just stands stubbornly, head high and eyes piercing, wondering for the first time in her life if she will be rejected by something that she wants.

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but damn you've got the sharpest teeth - by galadriel - 08-31-2021, 08:46 PM