• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i would've crossed the stars

Gale’s reluctance to leave Hyaline confuses Mazikeen but it’s the ‘in a few days’ that actually frustrates her, even as it is paired with the press of his lips against her cheek. She despises these games, waiting for someone else to do their part, and is annoyed at the sensation of being held back. A few small glowing cracks appear down her back as this feeling settles inside of her. Everything has felt like a waiting game lately and she is tired of it. That frustration had helped tip her over the edge into that blinding rage while they had battled with the armoured monster, and now she could feel the same stirrings souring the taste in her mouth.

She should have gone to get Sickle herself the first time she had thought of it. Mazikeen can already see what will happen in the next few days - she will stalk through Hyaline as a bristling, angry creature with nonexistent patience, or she will venture out seeking something - anything - to do while she waits.

It takes a moment for her to register the scent of blood on an inhaled breath, but before she can find the source or ask Gale is speaking again - and this news is better, and she feels the growing inferno ebb back into the corners of her mind. A girl. Soon she will have both of her daughters with her, then. And if anyone tries to keep one of them from her again, she will burn everything that separates them.

This is a soothing thought and she finds herself eager to agree to the idea of a celebration, especially the kind she can see in Gale’s mind. Blood had eased her frustrations before, there is no reason to believe this time would be any different.

Mazikeen does not ask him to lead the way, not this time - not anymore. If she is going to wait a few days at his word, she'll take the lead whenever she can grasp it. So she beckons him to follow her, holding a spot along the river in her mind that she knows will be popular at this time of year before the snows settle into the mountains. They can have their pick of those looking for a quiet spot.

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i would've crossed the stars - by Gale - 08-21-2021, 06:25 AM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Mazikeen - 08-21-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Gale - 08-21-2021, 12:07 PM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Mazikeen - 08-21-2021, 08:21 PM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Gale - 08-22-2021, 12:58 PM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Mazikeen - 08-23-2021, 08:49 AM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Gale - 08-24-2021, 06:57 PM
    RE: i would've crossed the stars - by Mazikeen - 08-25-2021, 03:14 PM