• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've seen your flag on the marble arch

love is not a victory march, it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Indifference is perhaps my specialty. I chose not to allign myself with an evil or righteous side. Though I prefer to avoid evil when possible. Growing up I was well-behaved, didn't grow up dramatically or in any exciting way. Boring could be used to describe my personality from the outside looking in. But I believe it not my business what anyone thinks of me. Everyone around me (while this is all irrelevant-  I'm indifferent, remember.) seeks out children or power or fame, I just cohabit Beqanna and cause as little change as I can.

Seclusion is a habbit of mine since I don't see the point in being sociable. I never really was the loud child, I kept my voice hidden to myself. There's nothing wrong with the way I live from my perspective. I eat, sleep, observe, repeat. Things are normal in my days (at least I think so, oddities don't suprise me much, they've become quite common) I just keep quiet and unnoticed and watch the ways of others. A love of sociology seems to have overcame me since childhood.

But perhaps, nature always wins. For reasons I could explain, but I guess they're rather irrelevant, I have found myself in the field. My thoughts are muddled about if I truly wish to have a set-in-stone home or if I want to continue my nomadic life.. No one ever said it hurts to explore your options, I guess. My black wings are folded in as I walk further into the clearing, an autumn breeze rustling my feathers. A small shutter passes through my body.

No, no one ever said it hurts to explore your options.

teslah

taoh x azlyn
    love is a temporary madness...
    Sometimes it is a curse to feel so deeply. For the entirety of her life, the red mare had held on to everything for too long. Rampant emotions had always been her bane. It is only recently that her life has settled, her spirit settling right along with it. For the first time in a very long time, she has experienced true happiness. And with happiness seems to come a leveling of her psyche, a steadying of the tidal wave that had been her life. It is only with this equalization that she had realized just how taxing life could be when living under such turmoil. It had only taken well over the lifespan of a normal horse for her to figure this out. Fortunately for her, she has nothing but time these days.

And in an effort to keep the endless time occupied, she is once again making the trip to the field. Its confines had been bursting with life lately. She is naturally curious, naturally gregarious, so visiting the field has always been enjoyable for her. You never knew who you might meet upon ingressing on those dynamic environs.

As is her wont, she uses the sky as her avenue of entrance. Though no wings grace her bright red frame, she cuts easily through the cool early autumn air. Below her the once vibrantly green leaves are beginning to change their colors, hints of yellow, red, and orange dotting the leafy foliage. As she descends towards the withering fall grasses covering the earth, she takes a moment to study, to appreciate, the beauty of the changing season. As her black hooves touch the earth, a small, wistful smile touches her lips.

As she brings her attention back to her purpose, her russet gaze turns, landing upon a winged black mare standing alone. She turns her direction, intent upon approaching, curiosity in her bright gaze. She smiles warmly as she halts a comfortable distance away, cinnamon eyes studying the newcomer.

“Hello! I am Elysteria, of the Dale. I hope that you do not mind my intrusion. Can I ask you name?”
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane

I watch her descend from the air, however she didn't use wings to steady her landing. it seems as if she can soar without them. Interesting, I note this as one of few things I haven't seen before. And ironicly the mare draws closer to me. I smile back as nonchanlont as ever, studying the bay mare. She seems nice enough, so I perk my ears forward in a bit of intrest.

"You're not intruding anything, Elysteria." I force a laugh. I never have been great at socializing. "I'm Teslah. Nice to meet you."

I scan around the field, perhaps it is in the best for exploring options and what not that I actually put effort towards talking to this mare. I dip my head down to nibble on the dying grass quickly before speaking again, wings stretching out momentarily.

"So you were... hovering? Flying? What was it." I inquire without hiding my curiousity. .

teslah

taoh x azlyn
    Kushiel stumbled out of the Chamber mostly by accident. He had surrendered his night of debauchery as the sun was beginning to rise, and had awoken again with late morning in his eyes. He had been smiling, despite his pounding headache. He was a man of great passion, or at least that’s what he told himself. It didn’t matter that a haze of fire and smoke still clouded his vision. His mane, charred and burned in patches, still held the last lazy flicks of his fire.

It had been a good night. One for the record books.

He had watched the moon rise beneath the Chamber’s eternally burning tree, drinking in her fire until he felt it wrap around his heart. He could still feel it there, delicious and dangerous. The stallion groaned, a sound that started deep within his chest and bubbled to his lips. He loved his poison well.

His mother, bless her heart, had tried to raise her boy with the ability to “walk it off.” Kushiel hadn’t fully internalized that lesson. The day he stepped into battle would be the day he also laughed himself sick. However, while Kushiel hadn’t grown up to be the warrior a mother could be proud of, he did learn that a stumbling, lazy walk could help clear a mind that had inhaled too much smoke.

That was what he was doing now, walking it off.

Some how he had gone a little too far. How he ended up in the Field was not something he wanted to contemplate. His feet hurt. Kushiel wasn’t really built for manual labor, or any kind of labor for that matter. But, now that he was here, he was beginning to wonder if the day could be salvaged.

There were a lot of women here.

And just like that, his smile returned. He wasn’t totally delusional, he did know the purpose of the Field. But, in practice, the idea was so much more tantalizing. He should have come here long, long before now. Women tended to walk away in disgust when he spoke to them for too long, but here, they were looking to be approached.

It was brilliant.

Feeling like a fat kid in a candy store, Kushiel flitted from place to place until someone caught his eye. That mare, she didn’t seem like a lot bothered her. That was a good thing, because Kush was a lot. High strung types didn’t last long with him. Feeling rather pleased, he wandered over, not the least bit deterred when another mare joined her. The more the merrier. He approached them slowly, then leaned over the black mare’s shoulder to interject himself in their conversation.

“Awful showoffs, the both of you.” Kushiel grinned, and gestured grandly to both mares.

“Tell the truth, you just like flying so the boys have a chance to see up your tails.” It didn’t matter that the black mare had barely unfurled her wings. He was an all-inclusive flirt. Unashamed and unabashed he continued. He had long ago learned it was best not to leave time for others to get too offended.

”I’m Kushiel.”
    Kushiel
    some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
    The mare before her does nothing to hide her interest in Elysteria’s unique method of travel. Truth be told, she has long since grown used to it. She has yet to meet another horse with traits like hers, other than her daughter of course. Though her mother had been as normal and ungifted as the grass beneath their feet, her father had been an entirely different story. He is perhaps one of the most notorious creatures in this land, and not necessarily in a good way. She could only assume that her innate gift of flight had somehow been derived from his magic, though she knows not how.

Teslah is straightforward, unflinching. Elysteria appreciates that quality, knowing that the Dale could well use someone like her. She smiles then, a quick, small grin in response to the black mare’s questions.

“A pleasure to meet you Teslah,” she says softly before responding to her inquiry. “A combination of both, I suppose. I can soar the skies as easily as I can float just a few inches above the ground.”

She does not have any explanation for her abilities. Though she has possessed this particular gift since birth, she could no better explain how it works now than she could have the first time she had leapt over a log and accidently propelled herself ten feet into the air. She is not left long to consider the feat however, as a gray stallion inserts himself boldly into her group.

Her automatic reflex is to greet the newcomer just as warmly as she had the mare, but the smile that had started to curve her lips freezes as his words reach her ears. It is not in her nature to be rude to others, so upon his introduction, she dips her small head slightly in acknowledgement. The only outward sign of her irritation at his crass words is a quick flick of her dark tail.

“Greetings, Kushiel.”

Turning her attention back to Teslah, her gaze warms significantly as she continues their conversation.

“You do not seem terribly surprised by any of this. Are you from around here originally?”
    elysteria

I give a small nod at her response, a small murmur of the word interesting slipped my lips. But then as companionship is expected in the field, another approaches. Where flirting isn't really an intrest of mine, it seems to be what the stallion is keen on. Metaphorical eyebrow raised, his rude comment about showing off makes my eyes roll.

"Hello Kushiel."

I say it plainly, not terribly harsh but not welcoming either. I could care less if he stays in our conversation, so long as he keeps his rude comments to a minimum. How Elysteria felt about his approaching I was unsure. I give a small smile back to the Elysteria as she continues our talk. Socialization was no where near as scary as it seemed, I realized. She asked about where I'm from- Beqanna naturally which wouldn't be hard to assume.

"Yes I am, actually. My mother Azlyn was from the amazons, my father I'm not sure of. But I've always just been a wanderer."

I've been on my own for quite some time- having parted from my mother and sister once I was of an age where I could be on my own. Family, while being a quality I valued, was not something I saw often anymore. I'm unsure what my own family is doing now, where they're at.

"What about yourself?"

teslah

taoh x azlyn
    Kushiel watched the two mares, a look of slight bemusement on his face. Really? They were going to give him nothing to work with? Let this be a lesson to him. He made a mental note to try and keep the ladies apart. There was strength in numbers and clearly they were more likely to gang up on him when they got together.

Still, Kushiel was determined to preserve. The would listen to them talk about their…childhoods if that was what they wanted to do. He tried, nodding along with Teslah in interest. His show of restraint didn’t last long, however, and he nearly burst out laughing when he heard where she was from. Of course! It all made so much more sense now.

“Oh thank god.” He said, with no small show of relief. 

“You’re from the Amazons. It’s no wonder you’re not big on the fellas.” He grinned sheepishly, as if he felt truly foolish for ever doubting himself.

“Whew, I really thought I was losing my touch there for a minute.” Another easy smile, another glance between the mares. When his eyes fell back on Elysteria he fixed her with a disapproving look.

“Okay, so she grew up with the warrior women. What’s your excuse? For having no sense of humor?” His eyes scrunched together as if he was studying her very, very carefully. And indeed he was. Kushiel, for all his faults, was very likely to assume the best of people. He had learned that it was better to give people a first, second, third and even fourth chance. It took a lot of convincing to decide he didn’t like someone. He couldn’t be picky with his friends, and never wished to. As long as someone would talk to him, he was usually quite happy to be in their company. Perhaps he believed that the same benevolence would be extended to him. Lord knows he needed it.
    Kushiel
    some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
    Teslah gives Kushiel a greeting just as brief as hers had been. Though she shows no overt reaction, her russet eyes sparkle with a hint of humor as she watches the black mare. Let that be a lesson to him. No doubt he is used to women succumbing easily to his charm. He would not find that today however. And she strongly suspects that he could use a good dose of humility.

Ears tipping forward in clear interest, she remains quietly thoughtful as the mare gives an abbreviated version of her history. Her mention of the Amazons causes a slight smile to touch her lips.

“Ah, yes. My daughter is currently residing in the Amazons. The Dale is closely allied with them.” She pauses for a moment, briefly considering how best to succinctly describe her rather long history. “I was a wanderer for quite some time as well. I was born in the Dale, but I developed a rather restless heart. I came back to it though, over ten years ago now. I cannot imagine calling any other place home.”

She had done fairly well in ignoring Kushiel’s presence, at least up until he decided to reassert himself vigorously back into the conversation. Cinnamon gaze swinging sideways, she pins him with a cool stare. It is incredibly rare for her to take such instant affront to someone. Kindness is a default for her; she has a difficult time being anything less. But something about this stallion simply rubs her the wrong way.

“I assure you my sense of humor is quite intact. Tell me Kushiel, do you have a purpose here? Other than antagonizing everyone you happen to stumble into?”
    elysteria