• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you're not alone, I'm standing right beside you

Agetta is tempted to ask who his mother was, just to see if she might recognize the name, but she simply nods her understanding instead. Some information, if not freely given, is left undisturbed - and she supposes it doesn’t matter either way. Her curiosity would be better served focused on the present than continuing to linger in the past. She had spent too many years as a ghost, unable to find roots in the present and haunted by all she had lost by living well past her years. Things had become easier lately, her children kept her grounded - but that does not stop Agetta's mind from wondering if it is time for her to move on to the next life. She's clung to this one long enough and there is only so much quiet solitude one can enjoy.

Agetta’s troubled frown as she thinks of Mazikeen and the unknown fate of her baby eases into a smile again at his question. “Some more than others. Mazikeen’s always been a little wild, I don’t see her very often. Beyza and I have grown closer recently.” Her daughter had changed after the eclipse and become softer when she became a mother too. They had been spending more time together as Agetta helped raise the three triplets and used them as an excuse to cease her empty, wandering days.

She thinks of Caledonia and Holler too, and of the two sets of twins she’s had. But this suddenly feels like a long list, and though she does not think it is something to be ashamed of she feels a small prickle of embarrassment. A collection of children and not a one with a father she could remember the name of, only that they had all been nice - and fleeting.

So instead of that truth, she offers up another - “I don’t think I was a very good mother to those I had when I was younger, when the Deserts and Gates were around, but I’ve been trying harder with my younger ones. But even still I worry it isn’t enough for them.” Avoiding one overshare and swerving right into another, Agetta glances at her companion with an embarrassed smile before asking “Do you have any children?”

AGETTA

@garbage
    [Image: Agetta-by-Star-smaller.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're not alone, I'm standing right beside you - by Agetta - 08-28-2021, 08:52 AM