• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what sparks your muse/inspires you?
    I'm procrastinating writing and also it's too hot for WA right now.

What kind of things make you feel like "damn, I really wanna write"?
    Books? Songs? Movies?

For me it's usually certain scores (GoT, LOTR, POTC, Pride & Prejudice) and literally anything with Greek mythology. If I even see a Greek name with a story behind it I suddenly feel like I want to write (whether I ACTUALLY write is an entirely different story lmao)

I also have this google doc where I keep track of quotes and sentences from books that I think are really well written. And song lyrics, since I don't really relate entire songs to my characters but there might be a single line. The way Madeline Miller writes is so pretty, she is definitely one of my favorites but the Atlas Six (currently reading) has some good ones too.

I don't usually read other threads on here because my brain is horrible at focusing and keeping track of things related to myself which means other people are out of the question so I just simply ~don't~, but sometimes things going on in-game also make me want to write. Like anything written by Laura or Jenny or when Jassal or Cassi or Insane do quests.

Anyway, you should share a book or song or movie or whatever gives you muse because my brain still feels a little broken and writing is very hard right now.
    Ryatah & her 800 relatives, plus Briseis
    You should check out Rufus du Sol if you've never heard him before, it might work with your style of writing? Any of his songs can usually help me write any of my characters!
    Active
    Obscene || Fyr || Ciri
    Semi-Active
    Link || Bardot || Vindictive || Stendarr
    On Pause
    Ledger|| No Crosses Count || Joplin || Gryffen