• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  feels like we're on the edge right now; any
    mazikeen
    Anath does not argue, does not cry out at the injustice, and Mazikeen isn’t sure whether she’s disappointed or relieved. She does not have the patience anymore to deal with a distraught child, nor any interest in pretending otherwise, so she supposes she appreciates the quiet way that Anath composes herself. It certainly spares the girl from immediately being considered as lunch, anyway.

A small nod comes as permission to voice the questions, though when they come they are not what she expects. Easy to answer, though. “I am Mazikeen, and the angels Ryatah and Selaphiel are the exceptions.” She didn’t have to mention the angel part, of course. Simply a hint to the young girl at where the bar was set. It might have once been affection that inspired Mazikeen to change the rules of their home for Selaphiel and any non-shifter children born here, but now the fact was that (as far as she was aware) everyone here was either a shifter or a powerful, ethereal creature.

Mazikeen blinks at the third, and likely final, question - breaking the intense focus of her eyes. It softens her scarred features slightly, the signal of the end of this interaction. She’s grateful Anath has no intention of lingering and she replies once more with a cool tone. “Yes. Come find me when you’re ready with an answer.”

@Anath just a short little reply since I think this is wrapping up! <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: feels like we're on the edge right now; any - by Mazikeen - 08-21-2021, 10:02 AM