• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I want auroras and sad prose, anyone
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The wind ripples through the iridescent fur of Gale’s blue wolfhide, carrying the smell of late blooming wisteria and the sound of croaking frogs up from the lake. From where he lays on a rocky outcropping, he can see a substantial bit of the shoreline. At least, he can see when his eyes are open, but now the electric blue irises are hidden behind long white-lashed eyes.

He is sleeping off an earlier meal of capretto, and the blood is still splashed along his face and chest, which rises and falls slowly as he dozes.

The tension that Ryatah feels is absent in Gale - at least here within Hyaline. In the outside world he feels it, thrumming near constantly within his head, but not here. Here, in Hyaline, he feels entirely at ease.

He wakes slowly, and when he rises to stretch sees that someone stands at the edge of the lake that hadn’t been there when he’d dozed off. The someone glows in a way that he now recognizes as angelic, and Gale slowly cleans some of the dried blood from his forelegs.

It would be faster to wash them in the lake, he thinks, and perhaps he could play with the angel a bit as well. Long ago he had promised Mazikeen not to hurt them, but as he picks his way down the slope toward Ryatah, the navy blue creature reasons that he’d never promised not to chase them a little.

He shifts before he breaks through the trees, returning to his mostly equine form, one with a white spinal mane, black horns, and a pair of white-feathered forelimbs that he’s borrowed from a prehistoric quetzalcoatlus. Gale considers breaking into a run, just to see how quickly she’d turn and flee, but refrains.

This was the angel that had saved Mazikeen, Gale realizes as he draws close enough to speak. She is a healer then, and so perhaps a less ideal choice for a meal than one of the other angels. Perhaps not even a good idea to chase, and that realization is rather disappointing.

He’s thinking all of this as he stands, staring at her with his very blue eyes. He doesn’t blink, and the only movement is the flicker of lightnings that originate from his irises and dance outward along his skin, and the slow crawl of his eyes across her. Gale doesn’t speak, only stares.

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    I want auroras and sad prose, anyone - by Ryatah - 08-05-2021, 02:33 PM
    unfortunately that isn't what you're getting - by Gale - 08-06-2021, 04:53 PM