• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Let's cross the sea and get some culture

Help me out before I drown
    Save me now before I give up

Tarian is rather easy to find, standing to the shores west of the little cove Oceane had once given to him, the home they now share together. He is a striking figure of slate wings and silvery scars, his broad stance hinting to the many years he had spent in the ranks of war. He wears the title of Champion well. His own presence is not missed by the other (who probably knows this place better than anyone perhaps including the Loessian Queens themselves) who looks his way and greets him gruffly. He hadn’t doubted that Oceane had mentioned him just as she had told him of Tarian but he wonders just how much the genie had shared with him of their relationship. He doubts Oceane’s pregnancy had gone unnoticed nor the two foals that now ran rampant through the red stained canyons of Loess. It was impressed upon him that the Loessian Champion was the sort to take his rank seriously and he wonders if Tarian blames him for occupying much of Oceane's time. Not that she had ever neglected her duties that he was aware of.

“And you must be Tarian.” He greets in his whiskey toned way, a smile finding residence on his gray lips that crinkles around his good eye, seemingly brightening the gold flecks within it. He ambles towards the other where he is posted by the waves, settling  just close enough to let the water washing up on the shore to rush around his hocks. He is comfortable here near the seas, at one with the waves and briny secrets of the deep thanks to the bear taking up space within him. His good eye is trained on the other, the missing one hidden beneath the thick snowy forelock that has started to fall natural over the empty socket over the years. His brands glow dimly in the rising sunlight and once he would have been more self-conscious of them, of all the marks permanently etched into his skin, but he finds now that he is not so bothered by the curious stares anymore.

That his story was worth sharing after all.

“Believe me when I say I meant to introduce myself sooner.” He begins with an apologetic grin, implying how life has a funny way of ruining ones plans or changing them completely. He had never expected to be here, to be living the life he had now, to get that second chance of fatherhood and love. And yet here he was, living it.

Ledger

@Tarian

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let's cross the sea and get some culture - by Ledger - 08-09-2021, 01:55 PM