• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You can't keep a secret if it never was a secret to start
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget
    Like most in Beqanna he is connected by blood to many of this worlds prominent players even though he is not one of the Star God’s direct legion. The reverse dappled jaguar spots that cover the length of his pale body hint to the connection shared by the very Prince she serves, one he also shared with a starry winged Thane in the North and a grizzled one-eyed bear in the South and an angel in the East among many others. If it was bloodlines she was interested in then she would be pleased with the titles and names within his pedigree. However he is ignorant to such things, his mother had only given him one name to remember and that is his own so he cannot share these things that might impress her.

Luckily (or perhaps unlucky, fate had yet to decide) his powers spoke for themselves and caught the attention of the pretty striped mare who watches him from a distance. He is unaware of her, too distracted by his own misery to see the way she stares at him with interest. It’s not until she is standing directly before him, her brilliant blue eyes blocking his view, that he notices her. His feral yellow eyes stubbornly meet her own as he lifts his small head warily, unsure if this was just another disappointment in the making. That she too was about to scold him and tell him how he was destined for only terrible things.

“They don’t like it.” He finally mumbles sullenly, glancing at the group of foals that now openly gape in their direction and titter to themselves. His frustration gets the best of him and as he glares at the closest one, a little filly with dark eyes and vibrant pink splotches, her mane and tail suddenly begin to blaze with the heat of his manifested fire. The foal screams in terror which sends the rest of her friends scurrying in fright while a rather bored looking fairy puts it out without even batting an eyelid from what she had been doing. He hadn’t quite meant to do that, had been trying to pull the fire out around her hooves but perhaps there hadn’t been quite enough tinder to latch on to.

She should consider herself lucky that he hadn’t accidentally called another soul from the beyond, sometimes their tricks got out of hand.

“Everyone thinks I’m bad.” He finally says in his solemn way in the quiet that follows, the other foals putting even more distance between themselves and him after such an incident. “I don’t mean to be. I don’t want to be.” He looks back up to the golden mare before him, not knowing how to hide the hurt he feels. “Do you think I’m destined for terrible things too?” He fumbles over the big words he had heard his mother say when she had left him here, aching to be told that he was wrong.
    fyr

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You can't keep a secret if it never was a secret to start - by Fyr - 08-09-2021, 02:50 AM