• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sold my soul to the calling; Iliana
    I L I A N A

Apart from her sister, she has not had much interaction with the other children of Hyaline. She has seen some of them, stealing quick glances at them before she slipped off in a different direction. Something about the idea of having to make conversation with strangers made her stomach knot with anxiety, and so she avoided it as much as possible.

It’s why when the bird startles at her voice and shifts into a colt — even though deep down she had suspected it, since she has never seen a bird quite like this and magic was the only logical explanation — that she feels her muscles grow taut with a sudden urge to leave. Her rose-gold eyes widen a little in alarm, and she freezes, watching him just as uncertain as he watches her. “Fire?” she repeats after a moment's hesitation, her curiosity overpowering her nerves. “I’ve never seen a bird that can make fire before,” she continues with a quiet kind of wonder, taking in his own fiery coloring.

The frown on his face makes her suddenly self-conscious, and she takes a step back, a brief moment of worry clouding her young face. “I can shift into a panther,” she confirms for him, and then tacking on in a nervous rush, “just like my dad,” as if that might mean anything to him at all.
    -- the shadow is mine, and so is the valley

@Vital

Messages In This Thread
    sold my soul to the calling; Iliana - by Vital - 08-02-2021, 12:18 PM
    RE: sold my soul to the calling; Iliana - by Iliana - 09-08-2021, 06:34 PM