• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sold my soul to the calling; Iliana

He is so focused on his victory that he doesn’t notice the panther approaching. A foolish thing for a young colt who had so recently been the near-victim of another predator. Instead he is too busy lifting his wings and peering at the feathers sprouting in a wash of vibrant colors. Like her, his eyes remain the same fire-bright hue of his equine form. Unlike her, he doesn’t have nearly as much control over his shifting.

When she speaks from behind him, a loud, startled squawk erupts from his throat as he whips around to face her. His wings flap frantically at his sides, though he is still too young for flight. In his alarm, he loses his hold on the shape, and with a crack of bones, he is facing her as a black and red colt with patches the color of embers dotting his skin.

When he finally truly sees her again however, he is relieved to find himself staring at a young filly that appears to be roughly his age. For a moment, he wonders if he had imagined the cat.

Realizing belatedly that she had asked him a question, he clears his throat and replies quickly, “A bird.” He offers her a small smile then, eyeing her with uncertainty. “I’m… not certain what kind.” He pauses, then adds with a stir of excitement, “But it makes fire!”

He frowns then, peering at her as he recalls the brief glimpse he’d gotten of the panther. Still not sure if he had imagined it or not, he asks, “I thought I saw…” His frown deepens. “Were you… a big cat?”

vital

@Iliana

Messages In This Thread
    sold my soul to the calling; Iliana - by Vital - 08-02-2021, 12:18 PM
    RE: sold my soul to the calling; Iliana - by Vital - 08-27-2021, 11:44 AM