• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i was looking for a way out
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

He had Seen her dreams last night, but Gale has not yet been able to read her thoughts the way she can his own. He can tell when she’s doing it to him, but no more than that. Mazikeen sprouts a pair of iridescent blue wings to cover the distance to Pangea, and Gale admires the way that the color melds with her pale shoulders.

She moves impatiently beside him, so rather than kiss the spot where black fur meets blue feather and draw her into the shadows, he bumps his forehead against her instead, and grows wings of his own.

They are shadowy and hardly substantial, like those that had failed her over the seas of Islandres. Dragon-like in shape, they are shadowy but capable of flight, carrying him up alongside Mazikeen as they take to the darkening sky.

Far below, Malik stalks a rabbit.

Gale is looking for water in the canyons when her voice draws his attention to the hunt below them. He watches, fascinated, and when the armored monster makes its kill and begins to eat, he lands atop a bluff to watch.

“What do you think that is?” He asks. It had moved with astonishing speed and is clearly an efficient and savage killer, but it does not look particularly delicious. The horse that it has ripped open looks far better, and he is not above bullying his way into a meal.

There are advantages to being at the top of the food chain after all.

The restless lioness beside him wants a hunt though, not a meal, and he eyes the glittering hunter below with a calculating gaze. There are no eyes that he recognizes and so no Sight to take, and Gale frowns. This one might be a genuine challenge, and he meets her gaze, having felt the familiar sensation that says she’s been sharing his thoughts.

if she decides to go after the oversized scorpion he will join her, but this hunt - and this kill - are for her. The emotions from the dying creature below are swept up toward them in a wet wind from the Cove. Gale swallows them, feeling the terror and pain sliding down his throat. They rouse the shadows that have been so still, and the lightning in his eyes begins to flicker more rapidly.

He’d heard that monsters dwelt in Pangea; was this what had been meant by those tales? Are there more like this one? What sounds will it make when it dies?

His eagerness to answer these questions cause him to flex his clawed feet. This time, when he glances toward Mazikeen it is with excitement in his dark face.

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 08:41 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 07-31-2021, 11:15 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 07-31-2021, 12:01 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-01-2021, 05:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-03-2021, 09:05 AM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-03-2021, 01:11 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-04-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Gale - 08-05-2021, 08:13 PM
    RE: i was looking for a way out - by Mazikeen - 08-09-2021, 08:23 AM