• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  eurus afer ventus
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

Her suspicions are confirmed as her new Loessian acquaintance confirms that Yan is in fact her father. A frown flits across her delicate features as she turns her head and attention back to the jewel-touched mare. “Your father is an odd duck but unfortunately I would have to agree with you.” She says quietly, looking over Yan’s daughter carefully. The goaticorn had seemed incredibly passionate about Taiga and all those in it, she can’t imagine him simply walking off without telling them. Despite the way she pushes down her despair, Bardot can still see traces of it before she hardens her expression. The buckskin unicorn sighs softly with a slight shake of her head. “I’m sorry Cheri. Truly.”

She hesitates only for a moment, wondering if she should speak up about the odd behavior he had been displaying before his disappearance. She doesn’t want to upset the pegasus further but having had to track down her own family members…. She knows how difficult it can be without all of the information present. “He had been acting rather odd lately. Spending a lot of time alone, talking to himself or that annoyed bird of his that he picked up.” She’s not even sure when he had acquired that chicken but one day it had just appeared, nestled between forelock and horns.

Cheri speaks of looking into it and Bardot nods, happy to give her any assistance she can. But before she can offer it they come to the real nature of her reason. “You’re not the only one looking for lost family members.” She says with a faint smile, trying to lighten the darkness she had brought through the canyons. “I’m looking for my brother, half-brother actually.” Quietly she informs her of finally finding her hermit mother deep in the jungles of Tephra and the little information that had been revealed to her. He was born in Tephra, they shared a mother, and he may have gold or red eyes. “It’s not much but it’s all I have to go on.”

Her own hooves grind into the dirt as she glances down and then up to Cheri, as her sparkling golden iris’s search out the green of hers. “I don’t even know what I’m going to do if I find him.” She finally voices something that she had been thinking about for awhile. Worried about. What if he was like their mother, elusive and wanting to be alone? “I guess it would just be nice to try and bring my family together once and for all instead of being apart as we have always been.”

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@Cheri
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 07-29-2021, 02:54 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 05:26 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-02-2021, 08:52 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 11:37 AM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-03-2021, 01:12 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 06:59 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-12-2021, 02:22 PM