• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could I be the only one still waiting
    Sickle’s smile brightens when Asterope says she’s thought about Sickle too - the sort of smile that she can feel right down to her stomach. And even though her eyes are up on the canopy, they shine.

Even though it’s impossible for it to be purely happiness. Nothing changes the fact that Asterope is trapped here. Should she offer to stay all the time? Would that be even remotely fair to either of them? Leaving was always the worst, even though she knew it wouldn’t be for long. She hated how isolated this pond was. Sickle wasn’t the jealous sort, as far as she was aware. She didn’t want to keep Asterope to herself (though she did hope that her friend would always like Sickle best) she just… wanted more.

Again the idea that she could somehow find Asterope’s father flicks through her mind - but her thoughts turn to other things. As she floats, she listens to Asterope’s response to her question about the flowers and smiles. “I’ll bring you one of every colour then. And then you can decide which is your favourite.” This is said with determination, as though this is the only possible answer to such a dilemma.

And she likes it - an excuse to keep coming back. Not that she needed one.

Asterope’s question has her tilting her head to look at the other girl. “It’s pretty fun. I haven’t found anything that I can’t do yet, though I’m sure there’s a whole world of animals I haven’t seen yet.” Just like Asterope and her flowers. She doesn’t mention that Malik can change too, just not into as many things, or how their mom can’t. Because she knows she gets this from her dad and she doesn’t want to think about any of that and break this moment where they are trading smiles.

As her tail moves lazily, she thinks of the water beneath them - and of how she’s never tried to really swim like a fish before. Maybe this question will seem random when she says it but to Sickle, the connection is easy in her head. “Is this pond deep?”
    SICKLE

@asterope

Messages In This Thread
    could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 07-23-2021, 07:47 AM
    RE: could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 10-19-2021, 07:39 PM