• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could I be the only one still waiting
    sickle
    Sickle’s eyes drift upwards to the canopy as well, but she is thinking of whether she could tear away some of those branches and create more light. Her mind fills with ideas - like how maybe next time, she’ll steal a young plant from Tephra. She’d accidentally uprooted one before and she thinks she could do it again. That way it could grow here and Asterope would always have a piece of the jungle with her.

It doesn’t occur to this young girl yet that maybe there is a reason why plants in Tephra do not grow everywhere else - but it is a nice dream to have all the same. And gives her an excuse to come back.

Asterope's question is an easy one to answer, but unfortunately offers no ideas on how the nymph might be able to join Sickle in the jungle. “Oh, I was born there.” It is easy for her to believe this to be true, all her earliest memories are of the jungle and the trio of herself, Wishbone, and Malik. The way they played and their laughter filled the humid jungle up. There is no recollection of how it had actually been another land, and how a white mare had led the twins into Tephra before leaving them there.

Realizing she'd used I instead of we, she corrects herself. “Well, my brother and I were.” Sickle’s smile fades away again as she thinks about Malik and she wants to slip into the water - wants to sink down and see if her worries will fade away with the light. But this feels like an intrusion, even though Asterope had welcomed her in once. This is her friend’s home - what right did she have to poke around and explore?

So instead she just stretches out one of her legs to splash the surface when she asks “Do you have any siblings?”

@asterope

Messages In This Thread
    could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 07-23-2021, 07:47 AM
    RE: could I be the only one still waiting - by Sickle - 09-01-2021, 08:52 AM