• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  an abandonment; any

all these voices in my head get loud
    i wish that i could shut them out
    i'm sorry that i let you down

The boy praises her illusion and mimics her in turn and Anath is overjoyed. When his shape changes and he becomes a colt (for the first time before her eyes) the filly gets to her feet and takes a couple steps closer to sniff him.

She is frustrated that she doesn’t entirely understand what he is asking. Why isn’t she more clever? ”Malik. My friend.” She repeats, a desperate thread sneaking into her childish voice. Just take me with you, wherever you’re going. I’ll learn, I’ll understand. She wants to say this but doesn’t quite have the words. Her mother cannot be entirely blamed for this, Anath thinks more easily in the shifts and shapes of light than words. A tendril of sunlight snakes over her withers, zips between them, behind Malik’s own neck and back again, a bright and brief figure eight looping around them and disappearing again

“Your friend.” She says softly, thinking she might just know what he means after all.

anath
    let you down

@Malik

Messages In This Thread
    an abandonment; any - by Kensa - 07-22-2021, 09:45 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Anath - 07-22-2021, 09:47 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Malik - 07-23-2021, 06:26 AM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Anath - 07-23-2021, 09:39 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Malik - 07-23-2021, 10:28 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Anath - 07-23-2021, 11:27 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Malik - 07-24-2021, 10:34 AM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Anath - 07-25-2021, 08:02 PM