• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  an abandonment; any

all these voices in my head get loud
    i wish that i could shut them out
    i'm sorry that i let you down

Anath does not sleep deeply or long, even in the comfortable warmth of her nest. Her green eyes flutter open and like a fawn, ignorant of any danger she merely blinks and makes a soft startled sound at the sight of a tiger cub seated just before her. “My friend?” Repeats the girl, the cords of sunlight loosening, drifting away from her limbs and sides, fading and fraying. Manipulating the light comes easily, effortless and instinctual. Other than this, she understands only that mimicry might be desired.

Sitting up, her pale forehooves planted and her weight resting on her hip Anath tilts her head to study the cub. Bands of light reach across her little body, flattening, enveloping, casting prisms around them. Anath cloaks herself in a tiger’s skin made of light, its stripes drift and shimmer as she tries to capture the exceptional glitter of the cub’s stripes. She flicks an ear, and a tiger’s ear woven over her own moves with it. It’s an exceptional illusion, but she cannot hold it long and the moment her mind drifts toward another means of connection it comes away, falling down her body like molten honey.

“Anath.” Language is complicated. “Hello.” She tries, because she is concerned about being alone again and she must not have paid enough attention before. So she pays all her attention to the cub, trying to remember the color and shape of his stripes, to understand the expression in his eyes, her own gaze earnest and hopeful.

anath
    let you down

@Malik

Messages In This Thread
    an abandonment; any - by Kensa - 07-22-2021, 09:45 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Anath - 07-22-2021, 09:47 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Malik - 07-23-2021, 06:26 AM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Anath - 07-23-2021, 09:39 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Malik - 07-23-2021, 10:28 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Anath - 07-23-2021, 11:27 PM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Malik - 07-24-2021, 10:34 AM
    RE: an abandonment; any - by Anath - 07-25-2021, 08:02 PM