• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Leilan grants her request immediately and suddenly she is back in the Isle. She remains in the same position she had been in the Meadow, her front legs still cracked and mangled before her, but at least here she can hear the familiar arctic winds sweeping around her, can feel the snow beneath her blood crusted body. She releases a slow exhale and her anger starts to sputter into something different, something sad. She fights for that rage again, tries to grasp that thread of flame that had kept her together before that motley crew found her. But it slips between her starlit fingers and she finds grief waiting for her instead.

Tears burn the corner of her mercury eyes but still she refuses to let them fall, even as a darkness settles in her chest and a coldness wraps itself around the heart that Gale had left behind. Gale. Her friend. Gone. Gone. She grits her teeth again but this time it is not because of the physical pain. It’s the mental anguish that she fights against now, tries her best to keep herself from succumbing to the overwhelming sorrow that seems to sink into the marrow of her bones, a crushing weight pressing against her chest and stomach as she grows sick all over again at the thought of what’s to come.

She was going to have to tell Nashua.

Would her legs ever heal and if they did, would they heal right?

How could she face the thing wearing Gale’s face again?

Thousands of questions race through her mind as she closes her eyes against the beauty of the northern lights above her, her breathing growing more erratic as she stifles inevitable sobs, knowing that once she lets it start it will be impossible to stop.

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Leilan
    @Nashua
    & Ob if Leilan takes him up on the offer ;p

Messages In This Thread
    If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Ciri - 07-04-2021, 12:55 PM