• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  society, you're a crazy breed; nashua/any islanders
    it's a mystery to me
    we have a greed with which we have agreed. you think you have to want more than you need; until you have it all you won't be free. and when you think more than you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
    Perhaps Wishbone would have realized Nashua’s parentage on her own, though it would have happened during her journey home. Lilliana had certainly mentioned her twin sons before, though the purple mare hadn’t caught their names. Yet when Nashua mentions his mother, the pieces click together in her mind.

A brilliant warm smile flashes on Wishbone’s dark face, and she feels her restlessness ease even further. “Of course, I should have known,” she says with a laugh. Yet there is something that dims her delight at meeting one of her friend’s sons. The way he speaks about Lilliana — using past tense as if she were no longer in Beqanna — makes her skin prickle. Wishbone has yet to see her red friend since the eclipse ended; first, she had been consumed by Svedka’s continued disappearance, and then she was focused solely on protecting and caring for the twins.

Worry cuts through the warmth in her amber eyes. “Is Lilliana okay?” The glowing scar jaggedly etched across her chest aches at the thought that her friend might not be okay. That she might be swept into some other world like Svedka, or lost in the Afterlife. For a moment, Wishbone wonders how much more loss she can endure before she truly falls apart. But she must pull herself together each time — for Malik and Sickle, for Tephra, and for herself most of all.

Wishbone wonders what it’s like to guide the North alongside two other brothers. She and Warden have managed well enough with Tephra, though they’ve yet to come across any true obstacles, and she’s curious if Nashua’s experience is something similar. “Has that brought any challenges?” If they are to be allies, Wishbone wants to know if they are truly unified. She hopes for the best, but the purple mare knows that family can sometimes be better at pulling things apart than bringing them together.

She mirrors Nashua’s grin with a sun-bright one of her own. “I’m content knowing that our kingdoms and their territories can count on each other.” Wishbone pauses for a moment, considering if she should present her dilemma to Nashua so soon after establishing their alliance. But there’s little time to spare, and she can’t risk Gale threatening her family again. “Actually, there is something I want you and your brothers to know. Someone in Hyaline has been threatening my family and kidnapped my daughter from within Tephra. She’s been returned to me, but you can see why I’m looking for alliances. I refuse to allow something like that to happen again.”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    RE: society, you're a crazy breed; nashua/any islanders - by Wishbone - 07-22-2021, 03:33 PM