• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i trust my life to ghosts, any

(and it's harder than you think)
    telling dreams from one another

He finds his own smile lifting in response to her cool one.

Nashua doesn't know her heritage. The language of her name is foreign to him, and he wonders briefly it means something to do with the chill of winter. His pale brow arches when Camellia mentions that she was not always suited to the cold. That her soul has always been winter, and eventually, her body had come to reflect that.

(His would be a storm. Nash has the Wind his soul, and the striped pegasus takes a moment to wonder how he would appear if it reflected that. Would the troubling gales of his life blow away the warm summer green of his eyes, take the shining gold from coat?)

"Loyalty," Nash tells her simply, with a Northerner's bluntness. "The man who raised me once ruled this place and I could think of no better way to repay that favor than to look after his kingdom as he had looked after me." He partially opens his wings, feeling a gust come rushing from the coast. It was lovely weather for flying and he glanced up into the vivid blue sky, already imagining himself in the clouds.

But - thanks to Leilan and the portals he sometimes left behind - Nashua knew another way to travel further North.

"Would you like to see more of it?" the pegasus asks the pale mare, angling his body towards the mountains that she had been studying before.

@camellia

NASHUA
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 06-30-2021, 11:51 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:04 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-08-2021, 02:55 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:15 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-09-2021, 06:48 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-12-2021, 08:31 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-14-2021, 05:18 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-24-2021, 11:09 AM