• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i trust my life to ghosts, any
    camellia
    Spring (and she thinks of Silene) and then summer (and she thinks of Aestas and he makes no mention of fall, but she thinks of Lyali still). 

Of course she understands the passing of seasons, she and her sisters had each been crafted to represent each one, but she’d been led to believe that the Isle knew only perpetual winter. She does not speak, only considers the mountains and then what he says lies beyond them. There she will find her perpetual winter and she takes some small comfort in knowing that it is there, that she is close.

She shifts her weight and shifts her focus back to his face, the corners of her mouth tilting upward in a cool smile at his appraisal. “I was not always so well-suited,” she tells him, remembering the earliest days of her childhood when she could still rest comfortably in Tephra. The days when she had chased the cold simply for the thrill of it, when her travels to the common lands had nothing to do with survival.

But my soul has only ever been winter,” she continues, “and the body has ways of adapting.” As she’s certain he must know by now, a thing like him living in perpetual cold. He must have his own ways of dealing with it. 

What drew you to the cold?” she asks, never shifting her glacial stare from his face.  

Messages In This Thread
    i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 06-30-2021, 11:51 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:04 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-08-2021, 02:55 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:15 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-09-2021, 06:48 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-12-2021, 08:31 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-14-2021, 05:18 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-24-2021, 11:09 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-25-2021, 01:10 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 10-02-2021, 06:09 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 10-02-2021, 08:16 PM