• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i trust my life to ghosts, any

(and it's harder than you think)
    telling dreams from one another

Nashua is used to the cold, so it is familiar when he sees it in the aloof smile of this stranger.

It doesn't bother the Freyr, and settling his speckled wings, his green eyes glance momentarily to the smoke that comes dancing in silver wisps from her nostrils. The sight wouldn't be an uncommon one during the colder parts of the year (or further North, beyond the heart-shaped lake); but while the warmth of summer still lingers on the Isle, the pegasus finds himself surprised to see the chill of winter here.

"You've found it," says the striped stallion, glancing back at the rugged terrain behind him. Mountains shield this part of the kingdom from the worst weather, and it keeps the snow that remains almost year-round to one side. It also kept the ice wraiths - particularly nasty creatures that could shift into whatever fear could shape it as - on their own side of the realm. On the other side of the range, though, was frigid tundra and a barren wilderness that very few (of the already few that chose to live on the Isle) braved. "Though the other side of the Isle is much different from this one."

"There is no further point North after this, I'm afraid." He tells her, in case she meant to keep wandering past the arctic outpost. She would only find the edge of the world if she kept going (though some part of him still thrills at that thought; before he became a King, he had wanted to find it). "Please, take all the time you need to rest." Nash says, spreading one wing out away from the shore and towards the shadows of a few clustered pines, if she desired shade.

"We very rarely have visitors," Nashua admits, half-joking. They had some, but most that came had ties to his family or the North itself. His green eyes glance at the glowing cracks of her coat again, and wonders if she might be in the mood for company. There is nothing for him these days but worry, and he would rather keep it waiting.

@camellia

NASHUA
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 06-30-2021, 11:51 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-08-2021, 11:04 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-08-2021, 02:55 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-09-2021, 10:15 AM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-09-2021, 06:48 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-12-2021, 08:31 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by camellia - 09-14-2021, 05:18 PM
    RE: i trust my life to ghosts, any - by Nashua - 09-24-2021, 11:09 AM