• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana
    kissed my penny and threw it in
    prayed to keep my soul

E
    lliana has been the princess in the tower, watching a world outside of a solitary window as it brushed by her, never truly interacting with her, never quite opening its arms to her. She had friends, Aeneas, Danae, Isolt, Hilde. All of them so different, they were soft, they were beautiful, they were frightening, inspiring, bewildering.

And Po, an entity all his own, he was the most beautiful, wondrous, kind creature Elliana had ever known. And yet, surprisingly, she had always looked at him with those bright, bright blue eyes, and she did not want him in any other way than she would want someone to tell her a bedtime story or to venture to the ends of the earth with. No, Elliana’s heart lies somewhere with angels, guarded carefully but lightly, and she would have it no other way.

Her inhale is short, as feathery as a butterfly wings and full of the fluttering of secrets, flying, trying to break themselves from the heavy chains of Reave’s blue gaze.

She turns away, because Elliana is not brave, she is steadfast, weighted, and strange, but not brave. The sun sets itself against the glass blue of her own eyes and she blinks in response as the harshness of its beam illuminate the sharp corners of her face. Elliana is unaware of her eyes even being closed, so the garden is imprinted to the back of her eye lids.

She doesn't notice him shifting as she whispers with her eyelids pressed together tight enough to sting. The only thing she notices is the way words burn on her lips, strange and too loud as the sound of nature around them lulls. It feels as if the world has silenced around them, frozen but for the hushed yet heavy sounds of their tangled breaths.

She wonders in the ebbed noise if he might hear the frantic, wild thrum of her heart over the steady inhale and exhale of her fragile lungs.

Part of her wonders if she says the words at all or if they are mere echoes of the broken, sad hum of that frozen organ hidden in the garden of her ribs.

“The ocean breeze is brisk, Reave.”

And a shiver shoots down her spine.

@Reave elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
    « r »

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana - by Elliana - 09-28-2021, 09:08 PM