• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana
    kissed my penny and threw it in
    prayed to keep my soul

L
    aughter.

His laughter, specifically. Hear ears catch at the sound, and there is the slightest head tilt and widening of blue eyes, and twitch of her lips, but what her expression is, what it says, it is hard to say. She will not make this expression again—

Until laughter happens again.

His laughter specifically.

Reave is far more selfless than Elliana is. Because even if it is the love of your family that would convince you to lay down your life, that is selflessness. Because Elliana was a child just as Reave was, and he went to save the world, and Elliana left all her family behind with only a blink of blue eyes and she was gone into the sea mist.

The world is full of fools. And now it is her turn to laugh, scrunching glacial blue eyes and wrinkling that shadowy nose. “What the world be without them?” Them. As if she were not one of them. How could she not be? With a reckless smile and heartbeat that hammers inside her chest, flinging itself around much more than a canary in a cage ever did, ever could.

There is something in the sharpness of her shoulder that compliments her own, because Elliana has never been smooth and sure, she has always been sharp and rigged, if not steadfast. ‘Come along then.’ And a girl who was always searching for a leader and found it in neither her father nor her mother, she finds it in the bone armored guardian.

The plants are spacious and wide and beautiful. The landscape presents itself as dangerous, treacherous, but Elliana is her mother’s daughter as much as she tries to fight it, and she would rather dance along the side of cliffs than frolic through meadows. “I don’t think I could have imagined this place,” she says in a breath, “But now should ever someone tell me a story of a garden, I will imagine it to be this one.”

@Reave elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
    « r »

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana - by Elliana - 09-19-2021, 01:24 PM