• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

He enjoys the recklessness of her smile, the wildness in her eyes as she looks at him. It matches what is in his own soul, the deep and yawning ferocity he has never been able to shake. He has always attacked life with everything he has, and in that moment, she looks as though she understands. As though she has been there too.

Kindred spirits in a single, endless breath, gone too swiftly.

His gaze when he peers at her matches in so many ways, his own feckless heart beating inside his bone-marked chest. “I’m not sure anyone would call me a hero,” he replies. The amusement he feels cannot quite mask the darkness that lurks behind it. The devilishness that fuels those words. No, if he were anything in the story she now tells herself, he would be the villain. She would be better served putting aside her fairytale notion of what Guardians should be.

He doesn’t say anything more. He should, but he finds himself unable to. It is one thing to tell her he is no hero. It is quite another to shatter her illusions entirely. She seemed to believe there is something good and noble in him, and for a moment, he almost wishes there were. Perhaps he does not truly believe in good or evil, but for a single heartbeat, he wants to.

In the rolling expanse of heather and grass and thistle, Reave presses closer to her, the sharp bone of his shoulder against the softness of hers. A reminder perhaps, that he is all cutting edges. His lips find her cheek as she smirks at him, the riddling question falling from her lips. He grins at that, appreciating the lure of her words for what they are. He doesn’t move though, instead breathing his answer into the curve of her jaw. “I think yes and no are equally powerful,” he counters, an answering smirk creeping onto his own mouth. “After all, if you hadn’t said yes, you wouldn’t be here with me now.”

He withdraws then, eyes gleaming dangerously behind the glowing mask of bone. After a few breaths, he turns to consider the distant cliffs, as though he might be able to see the sunset at the edge of existence from there. After a moment, he replies thoughtfully, “And what if there is no sun there?”

Abruptly he turns back to her, grin toying with the corners of his lips. “But I suppose that’s neither here nor there.” He pulls farther away then, blues eyes landing on her with a newly stirred teasing, a temptation. “How would you like to see that garden I promised you instead?”

reave

@Elliana

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana - by Reave - 07-29-2021, 11:30 AM