• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  the altar is my hips, ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He would have been furious to know she had even some inkling of the true depth of his feelings. Even more so if he had known of the way she had toyed with him once already. But perhaps luckily for the both of them, he has no inkling of the secrets she is so gleefully keeping. Instead as he stares at her, he only sees a pretty mare he has no memory of ever meeting.

Not that it says much. He doesn’t remember most of the faces of the women he has spent time with. He should, given how wretched it usually is meeting up with one again. In his more recent years, he has taken better care to spend time only with mares who care as much as he does about anything more than a good time. But in days gone past, he hadn’t been nearly so careful.

Her teasing laughter deepens the frown on his lips, his dark eyes hard and wary as he stares at her. Though her words indicate she would not be above such activities with him if they were both so inclined, the glint in her dark gaze unsettles him. And damned if he hadn’t just been hit by the sneaking suspicion she has other games in mind than the ones he does.

Not that Ashhal is above such things, but he is a simple creature with simple needs. And he’s beginning to wonder if this encounter is going to prove to be another colossal waste of his fucking time.

When she denies his deliberately provocative words, the frown turns into a scowl. Her question tears a bark of sharp, humorless laughter from his throat. “Hell no,” he replies, his lip curling in derision at the thought. He knows too damned well who had created that land, and that is one creature he has always made a point of avoiding (even if he hasn’t always been successful). “I have never set foot in that fucking place.”

Eyeing her with suspicion, he wonders why the hell she imagines they would know each other. The fact that she is from Pangea only makes it worse. Not that he is a trusting sort anyway, but he especially does not trust anyone who calls that place home. So, after a moment, he grunts out, “Unless we’ve fucked or fought, we don’t know each other.” Eyes darkening, he takes a step closer, erasing the distance she had left between them. “And unless you have plans that include those...” He is close enough now that she would be able to feel the heat of his breath on her cheek. “We damned well won’t be getting to know each other today either.”

@Desire

Messages In This Thread
    the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Desire - 06-28-2021, 11:10 AM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Ashhal - 06-29-2021, 02:47 PM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Desire - 08-10-2021, 01:54 AM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Ashhal - 08-11-2021, 10:40 AM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Desire - 09-06-2021, 02:33 PM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Ashhal - 09-09-2021, 12:30 PM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Desire - 10-07-2021, 04:24 AM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Ashhal - 10-13-2021, 09:44 AM