• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  the altar is my hips, ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

There is a familiarity in the river. He’s not certain what had brought him here today, but he’d known only that he needed escape. Loess had grown demanding, and Ashhal has always chafed at demands. Still, for some goddamned unexplained reason, he also knows he’ll go back. Perhaps it’s simply nice to feel almost like he’s wanted for once. Or perhaps he’s a dipshit with an overactive imagination.

He is paying little attention to his surroundings. He had settled beneath the boughs of an old tree in order to stare at the rushing currents. Even if he had not hidden himself particularly well, the dark expression on his features would undoubtedly keep most sane creatures away. But then, it’s not usually the sane ones you have to worry about, is it?

When he hears the splash of water, his eyes lift abruptly until he finds a figure approaching him. A scowl settles his lips as he stares at her, eyeing the galaxies swirling across her pale skin. He could leave now, but he doesn’t. She is a lovely enough creature after all, and Ashhal is rather bored. She might prove just the distraction he is looking for (little does he know, poor idiot).

She greets him sweetly, her voice containing an almost syrupy quality that he finds vaguely distasteful. Still, he could overlook that flaw, especially if she is less prone to speaking during… other activities. Her question snaps him back however, focusing his glare on her features. It’s pretty, but he’s positive he has never seen her before. “No,” he grunts, his reply short and brusque. He eyes her for another moment before adding, “But it’s possible I’ll recognize the back of your head better.”

@Desire

Messages In This Thread
    the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Desire - 06-28-2021, 11:10 AM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Ashhal - 06-29-2021, 02:47 PM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Desire - 08-10-2021, 01:54 AM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Ashhal - 08-11-2021, 10:40 AM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Desire - 09-06-2021, 02:33 PM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Ashhal - 09-09-2021, 12:30 PM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Desire - 10-07-2021, 04:24 AM
    RE: the altar is my hips, ashhal - by Ashhal - 10-13-2021, 09:44 AM