• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  my bad habits lead to late nights

Aela had distanced herself from him (and therefore the Pampas) through most of the autumn.

She had taken the time to visit longer in Nerine, to discuss options of what their next move might be. She had even returned to Pangea, to see if she could find her mother, Kensley or Beyza. Having found none of them, the palomino had simply wandered for a time. It wasn't as if she didn't enjoy the attentions of the Pampas Prince.

It had been a pleasant surprise, to learn that she quite enjoyed them.
    But this close in the season? Each time she took the chance of falling into Obscene's familiar embrace was just another that might result in a child. And while Aela was willing to do many things to ensure that the Pampas and all their plans had a chance to succeed, bearing Obscene a child was not part of it. There were plenty of broodmares across Beqanna and had they talked of it, she would have encouraged him to take one of them to procure his heirs.

(And if he desired to watch something grow rotund and round, Aela would have happily taken him to the Tephran coast to watch the breaching whales.)

The leaves finally begin to turn and as each one falls from their branches, she knows that is safe to return to the Pampas. She looks in good health when she does, sleek sides and that same impish smile on her pale lips as the Seneschal comes to greet the Prince. The gold glistens on his onyx skin and she isn't quite sure how, but the dark stallion seems more attractive than the last time she had seen him. "There you are," she playfully murmurs with an impish smile alighting her lovely face, as if it had been Obscene that had disappeared over the last few weeks and not her.

@Obscene voila, a horrible starter for you <3

I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    He misses her and he hates it.

They meet randomly to discuss plans but instead of curving into his side and leaving teasing kisses of unsaid promises she simply leaves and disappears. Sometimes for days, mostly for weeks. It is a shame that they had never discussed the terms of their relationship (or acknowledged what it was at all really) because maybe then he would understand exactly why she had withdrawn from him as the months grew colder. And what he could expect when the land grew warm again. Instead he lives in a world of ignorance and simply picks himself apart and wonders what he has done wrong.

It is not as if he has been truly alone in those autumn months. There had been the one night stand with the mare whose name he can’t remember. It had only made him feel more bitter, guilty even. And then there was Revelrie who was fascinating in her own way and her loneliness seemed to find its way beneath his shell to find his own hidden within. It had been different with her, something new and exciting in that way that first times are. But he found that when they had finally parted, when he was by himself, the missing of Aela intensifies and he comes to a hard realization that perhaps he has gotten in a little deeper then he had intended.

It is not that he hasn’t come to care for the gray mare with her gold markings and fearlessness in the eye of a storm. He has in his own way. But it is the sunlight mare and her coy smile and devious mind that he has grown a strong affection. It is she that he works with almost every day, she that has stood at his side since the beginning of taking this place, she that pushes him towards great things.

She is the only one that can chase away the thoughts of an annoying crystal adorned mare.

He watches as red and yellow leaves begin to fall in their gentle swaying patterns from the trees, standing beneath one that sheds it’s foliage all over him. He's collected quite a few in the time he's been standing here, strewn across his broad backside. He can scent her before he sees her and she carries her many travels with her warm dusty fragrance. She is as beautiful as ever, perhaps even more so, since it had been awhile since he had laid his red eyes on her. She is impish and coquettish as she greets him as if he had been the one avoiding her and he merely looks at her with that indifferent gaze as if the desire for her hadn’t instantly flared to life the moment he saw her coming over the hill. “Here I am.” He drawls lazily, forcing his gaze back to where the leaves continue their dance of death to the earth before him. There is the telltale thickness in his voice, the one that betrays that he had been dipping into one-to-many nectars. The better to forget the coldness that her absence had provided.

Where have you been? Why do you avoid my touch? What have I done wrong? All those questions sound far too pathetic to voice aloud and he can’t say what he truly wants to say, a lie that he hadn’t noticed her missing at all. Of course he has. Every day, he notices. Finally he settles on something more fitting, closer to the usual banter that they share as if nothing is wrong. “I started to wonder if you died, what a pity that would be.” He says with a smirk but the truth subtly lingers closer to the surface. That he had worried and not liked where his thoughts had strayed.

obscene

@Aela excuse me not even  Tongue
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

YOU'RE ONLY AS SICK AS YOUR SECRETS

With the last days of autumn fading behind them, Aela was confident in the timing of her return. She hadn't been completely absent from the Pampas and the Seneschal had spoken with Obscene from time to time, always pressing kiss back into handsome onyx of his cheek. The lithe palomino had always promised him later; she had just wanted to make sure that the 'later' had no consequences that required an extra mouth to feed.

Part of her had some hope that he might do some conspiring of his own. That perhaps she had spent enough time in his company that her ambition might have fueled something in him. But Aela can smell the sex and the women and the nectar on his skin and a few glimpses confirm how he has chosen to pass their time apart. The women don't rouse any sense of jealousy. If there is any emotion that is Aela's, it is the disappointment that he has spent his time languishing like a wastrel instead of taking command of the title of Prince that he has styled himself as.

There is a dullness to his senses, something she blames on the nectar and not Obscene. The black-and-gold stallion is usually able to match her quip for quip.

And then all the other thoughts flood her mind, bringing an awareness to the situation that she hadn't realized. Aela takes a graceful step towards him, trying to share her own sense of clarity with him. "If I really thought you believed that, I might be offended." She tells the Prince. Aela knew she was perfectly capable of handling situations on her own (her recent encounter with Gale seemed proof of that) and there was too much for her to accomplish for her to just simply die. She had come so far in these last few months with his help - laying out the start of kindling that could spark all across Beqanna - and Aela wouldn't let a little thing like death deter her. That smile curves (along with the rest of her) prettily as she tilts her head to peer up at Obscene, "You're upset with me."

@Obscene

He still refuses to look at her as she steps closer, keeping his red eyes trained on the leaf, hard and cold, as if he might drain it of every last drop of vitality with his stare alone. It was not as if Aela hadn’t discovered early on that he could be a sulky Prince. Prone to brooding when things weren’t going his way. It was mostly because he doesn’t like being clueless in the face of a  puzzle, doesn’t like not being able to fully understand or control something. It makes him feel too much like that lost lonely mortal boy he had once been. That he deep down still is.

“You know I speak nothing but truth.” He growls softly but even he is aware of how much his tone lacks bite. If she is disappointed in him then he is glad for it. It would be better if she was, if she found him so lacking in character and ambition that she would just leave now. He wouldn’t stop her if she did. He wouldn’t chase her down and wouldn’t plead for her to stay. But if she does not leave… if she comes back this time and stays…  
    He would never let her go.

“You’re upset with me.” And since he cannot lie, he says nothing.

He is quiet for awhile, letting his gaze move further out beyond the dying limbs to the open meadows of wildflowers that waited for their seasonal death. “It would help to know where you are going. Imagine how it would look if my Seneschal had gotten herself captured.” He finally starts, pauses before continuing quietly, “Or worse.”

He finally looks back to her and runs his eyes along the curves of her face that he has gotten to know so well. Did it hurt her? To smell the other women mixed with his earthy but floral scent? She doesn’t seemed fazed in the slightest as she sidles up to him with that ever coy smile. A new resentment lodges itself around the withered heart that had crumbled its stoney exterior awhile ago, finding that those walls were not enough to keep out the hurt and pain and doubt that plagued him so often. The fire fails him too for however much he tries to look at Aela and make himself dislike something about her, he finds that he cannot.

He’s not sure if this is better or worse then the blazing hatred he feels for Cheri.

There is not a speck of blood or even a tiny scratch on her pristine body which he looks over now in reluctant appreciation. Nothing that gave away the trauma she had befallen, his failure to protect her. She seems only slightly travel worn and nothing more but there are several scents mingling with her own, some he recognizes and some he does not. His irritation returns and he cannot hold himself back from her any longer.

His muzzle possessively runs along the gilded curve of her svelte neck, placing a sharp nip where sensitive nerves were hidden beneath the golden fur of her neck. “If you’ve grown tired of our time together you need only tell me. It’s not as if we belong to each other.” He murmurs into the warmth of her, lingering close to the arch of her neck to better hide his expression. He has a feeling that he can assume her answer and he can’t seem to find the courage to tell her that he hopes that’s not the case. That if he could tie himself to someone it would be her and only her. But he knows deep down that she will never ask.

obscene

@Aela

"Then she won't," Aela says simply, deciding now to share with Obscene the memories of where she had been.

There are the granite cliffs of Nerine. The arid desert of Pangea. The shadows of Hyaline as Gale eats part of her heart. When they recede, the palomino gives the Pampas Prince a level stare. Aela has survived the Eclipse and its monsters, encounters with powerful horses such as Naricisus and Sabra and wide array of Magicians. She may certainly find trouble but as her expression softens slightly, there is something on her face that says she knows how to find her way out of it.

His face is searching hers - a moment where the memories of his other women dance across his mind - and Aela finds herself at a loss for the first time in her short life. Did he want to her to be hurt? Did he want to her to jealous? Possesion was not something that the Seneschal had ever considered. There were her dreams - her ambitions - and those she deemed clever, intelligent and fortunate enough to be included in them. Horses such as Obscene.

But Aela has never thought of herself as belonging to anyone.

She shivers under his touch as a wildfire starts to blaze beneath her golden skin. The slender mare finds herself hoping that he would do more of that - the way that his blunt teeth ran against her gilded coat - but he buries his handsome face into the elegant curve of her lovely neck. Aela takes the opportunity to return the earlier favor and see if she could make him tremble beneath her touch as he had her. "Does it seem as if I've grown tired of you?" she teases in a low voice, a tone meant for only him. Aela reaches for the proud curve of his dark jaw, "However...," she murmurs, become fully aware of the time they had spent apart. "If you would like me stop, I can."

@Obscene

“Then she won’t” His mind floods with images of where she has been, landscapes mostly. Except for the last one. The last one features a stallion and he watches the way Aela stands still as he cracks open her chest and eats a piece of her heart. It seems that “worse” had already happened. As that image fades and reveals the blue of her stare, many things go through his mind and reflect in his eyes that seem to change from a bright red to that of stained wine as his expression darkens. That stare she gives tells him its no dream that she’s shown him despite the lack of mark on her chest from such an encounter. An incredible burning rage starts to flare around that cold shriveled heart, a heat that makes his pupils slit and dark scales sprout from beneath his fur.

Aela was not one to be coddled and he would not do so now. It didn’t mean he wouldn’t seethe within at what had happened. That he wouldn’t worry about her, that he wasn’t angry at himself for not being able to do more. That he should have been with her and done... something. Common sense lingers at the back of his mind, knowing he would be useless against a stallion that can carve into one’s heart and take a piece as if it was a delectable sample. His old resentment against magic seems to reinstall itself despite the powers he himself wielded. It seemed even these fears were valid regardless of mortality.

“Are you alright?” He finally asks her, a stupid question when she is standing whole in front of him but one he feels the need to ask anyways. A storm of emotion churns beneath his gilded breast as that anger continues to smolder and flicker behind the slits of his eyes, watching her carefully. He cannot keep himself from her any longer, now that he knows what she has faced. Whatever thoughts of jealousy he has (regarding her, regarding him) are forgotten for now. She shivers beneath him and still she teases, still she mocks, even after everything. As if she hadn't been hurt. As if she had never hurt him to begin with. It is a more possessive touch he offers her now as she makes one of her own, easily complying to her wish as a spasm of desire flexes the muscles beneath his skin, as it courses through his body and comes to mingle with the ire that still remains. Some scales seem to fade back beneath his coat, others remain scattered along his body as the snake within becomes confused with what it wants. “Yes.” He responds honestly as she grazes against his jaw, “But stopping is out of the question.” He growls as his teeth rake once more along her neck until his mouth is tracing along her cheek, stopping to find her own.

As badly as he wants her, he cannot shake what she had shown him. “Who did that to you?” He asks after his kiss, his touch continuing along the delicate curve of her jaw as he travels familiar trails along her skin. His voice is hard, contradicting the sudden softness of his caress, as he tenses against her and asks, “And what would you have me do about it?”

obscene

@Aela

This is something new, she realizes.

His red eyes - always burning like a flame - darken to a shade that she has never seen and the dark coat that usually glistens beneath the sun rays turns to something cool and sleek against her touch. Her heated touch becomes a curious one, tracing the pattern of the golden scales on his muscled neck, both delighted and thrilled with the change.

Obscene's anger is distracting though, and so she tries to temper it for him. For each slow touch she places along his neck, down to his broad chest, and then reaching back up to his back up to the curve of jaw, Aela takes her excruciating time. Like with most things she does, each kiss she places is part of a bigger plan. The subtle dose of contentment she offers him seems to work because the scales gradually vanish and his onyx coat returns. It makes her smile softly as she continues to lightly press her pale lips against his skin, pleased with her ability (as usual) and this new discovery about Obscene.

"I'm better now," she murmurs but then adds quietly, "But I'm fine." Gale had unnerved her. And something about their interaction seemed to unnerve him as well. She intended to get to the bottom of it, but it would have to wait. Aela had already been gone too long from the Pampas and until she had a way to ensure that things wouldn't go that far the next time they met, the slender mare had decided to avoid Hyaline for the time being. Her skin starts to glow and heat, indicating the flames that were always blazing beneath her skin. "Nothing I couldn't handle," Aela tries to reassure the Pampas Prince with her usual humor.

He grazes the curve of her cheek and stokes a completely different kind of fire in the young mare.

However, the dark stallion doesn't seem entirely convinced that Aela hadn't tired of him. If they weren't intertwined so closely, she would have given him a brazen look. Did she seem like the type to placate anyone? If she were truly done with Obscene - had no use for him or his Pampas - then she would be here now and the gold-striped creature certainly wouldn't allow him to take the liberties with her that he does now. "It had nothing to do with you, love." Aela tells him, curving her neck upwards so that her almost breathless reply reaches the nearest ear. She laughs and explains, "Or well, it did." She takes the chance to share a few more memories: the broodmares she has seen in the Common Lands in a rather obvious explanation. "I don't think either of us would be happy if I started to looked like Steve."

And as for the rest, Aela explains to Obscene that this was yet another brother. "Gale, one of the leaders of Hyaline." She continues because this was an entity that he should be watching for. The blue brindled stallion wielded a vast amount of power, she had learned, and Aela didn't intend for him to take the Pampas by surprise. She sighs gently and decides, "For now, nothing." She had been contemplating offering anyone that didn't go along with their plans to Gale. Surely her ideas sounded better than being torn apart.

But what if that only made him more powerful?
    Or worse, what if the captives gained abilities of their own?

They should do nothing until they learned more. Not until she had the chance to learn what he had done to her.

"The scales are new," she tells Obscene from over her slender shoulder and presses her side against his. "Anything else?" the Seneschal asks the Prince with an impish smile.

@Obscene

She traces his scales slowly, tantalizing and taunting, and it's enough to start smoothing the scales back to fur. They slowly begin to fade beneath his onyx coat, a few still scattered randomly along his body with no rhyme or reason for their lingering placement. The dark red vanishes beneath dark lashes as he closes his eyes and enjoys each kiss, drawn away from his anger into something more pleasurable as he tries to guess where she might kiss him next, what sensitive spot she might linger on now. When his lashes flutter back open, his eyes have returned to a brighter hue but smolder with the anger that still seethes quietly inside him. The type of anger that hungers for revenge.

It flares slightly when she speaks, better now implying that there had indeed been parts where she had not been ok, but her feelings of contentment soothe the serpent within and he merely nods slightly, not bothering to keep the unspoken promise from his gaze when he looks at her. That he would make this right, if he could.  “Shall I kiss it better just in case?” He murmurs teasingly, in as much of an attempt to keep his temper down as to distract her from the unpleasantness of her memories. His touch along her jaw lowers until his lips find the spot along her chest where she had shown him Gale carving her open, kissing the spot where she had been flayed with an intensity that surprises even him.

He continues his wandering touch, a lazy tracing of his blunt teeth along her underbelly as he moves closer to her, his body coming to wrap around hers in a rather serpentine manner. Before he can move further back, further down, she laughs softly into his ear and the words she says are enough to make him pause. One word in particular. Love. There’s a strange feeling that tries to grab the slimy slithering thing that is his dark heart but fails to fully penetrate it, can’t seem to grasp it, as he tries to understand if this yet another manipulative lie or a slip of truth that spills from her lips. Is this what love is? What they share? He’s not sure but he allows some warmth of it to seep past his armor, just a little.

Between the contentment she presses into his skin and the warmth that lingers from her word, he barely registers what she says next, only focusing when she brings images to his mind. Of pregnant mares that she had seen in the common lands as she grins into his neck and jokes about becoming the size of Steve. It takes him a second, to put two and two together. Perhaps he had forgotten that the Fae had mentioned that horses procreate differently, that it had something to do with seasons. He keeps his lips pressed firmly to her shining shoulder, nibbling at the fur there as a worry begins to rise above the contentment. As he thinks of Revelrie and what they had done while he had been missing her. “I see.” Is all he murmurs into her golden flesh, snapping his tail against his hocks as he chases away the moment of anxiety and worry and finds his distraction in the curves of her supple skin.

Surely it didn’t matter in the scheme of things.

It’s easier to not think of such troublesome things as children as he begins to coast further along her body, focusing on how she moves beneath his touch as a long tipped ear flicks back to listen to her speak of Gale. She asks for nothing and he huffs a breath against her hip, annoyance in his gesture. “If you wish.” He says quietly while marking Gale and Hyaline silently as enemies in his mind. As he thinks of the ways that he might provoke the snake within to come out at the right moment and squeeze the stallion till he burst so Aela might feast upon his heart. As if she can follow his train of thought, she speaks of his scales (that have once more begin to scatter along his backside) and as she asks if anything else is new he thinks of what he has possibly done in regards with Revelrie, of the way he had burned for Aela in her absence, of how often he had thought of Cheri when she had been gone and how the snake had exploded from him the last time he saw her… He simply shakes his head and turns a wicked grin back towards her.

“Shall we make up for lost time?” He asks innocently enough as his muzzle dips beneath her hip and caress’s the sensitive skin of her inner thigh. It had been too long since she had shuddered beneath him and his only want at this moment was to see simply that and not think of the trouble that was brewing on the horizon.

obscene

@Aela

She can't blame him for not wanting to be distracted.

Now that they were intertwined so close again, Aela finds she doesn't want to be distracted, either. The problems would be there later: Gale and whatever he had done to Aela, to encourage the Pampas to throw their weight behind Reave and Nerine and strike at one kingdom or keep provoking the smaller territories, that Skandar had seemed to vanish again...

It was easier to focus on this.

"You can kiss wherever you wish," Aela nearly purrs to the dark brute and smiles against his onyx skin as the troubled clouds of his mind start to disperse. She enjoys her skill and it has always fascinated her, the way that she could wind emotions around others and watch them struggle as if they had been caught in a spider's web. The contentment she had pressed into Obscene's skin had smoothed away most of his scales, as well as his worries and Aela felt a sense of pride at the accomplishment. But as she withdraws it, she finds that she enjoys the lust rising between them like the sweltering summer heat in the Pampas. That is something she has never had to manipulate between the two of them; the feeling between them was as honest as his newborns would be come spring.

Her gilded skin shivers under his touch as his mouth grazes against her underbelly and the palomino lets loose a short gasp.

He keeps roaming her curves like the travelers that his Fae kin was once rumored to be. Obscene stills at her hip, seeming to begrudge her reluctance to do anything about Hyaline as Reave had. "He's... powerful." Aela warns breathily and struggles a moment to grasp a steady thought while the dark brute lingered so close. Obviously, Obscene would know that from the memories that she had shown him. "We might be able to use that, somehow." She turns her blazed face to meet his gaze, watching for his reaction. "Or that could backfire and he might tear all of us apart."

Reave said to offer him something, to offer him something that would benefit the shapeshifter that might benefit them as well.

"I... just don't know, yet."

Aela's expression darkens because she isn't accustomed to this feeling; this uncertainty. It was easier to leave Hyaline alone at the moment and focus on the South. To look towards the smaller territories and to think of how they might wake the volcano in Tephra. It makes Obscene's wicked smile all the more welcome and Aela lifts her eyes to meet his blazing ones. The slender mare gives a coy one in return, arching her neck elegantly and letting the familiar warmth flood her veins at his touch.

@Obscene

If it was anyone else he might have rankled at the thought of being told what to do. But it’s Aela, the mare who had been knowingly pulling his strings since the beginning of his rule of the Pampas (almost a year now, how time flies) and perhaps it’s just second nature to fall into her demands, or something to do with these confusing feelings he has for her, or a mix of the two. Regardless, he holds space for her and as she purrs her consent into his broad glittered chest he continues on his quest of roving every inch of her with his mouth, something he had planned on doing regardless of her vocal approval.

That strong sense of contentment continues to surge through his veins, making him close his eyes and taking a moment to breathe her in. He doesn’t doubt that it’s a feeling mostly manifested by her and that unusual powerful skill she has, however, she might be surprised to find that it would have come easily on its own. Drawn into him by the way she fits against him now, a missing piece that had been absent for far too long. A soothing balm to the ache of missing her these last few weeks. He enjoys the momentary quiet, the soft rise and fall of her breath, the sense of her desire that brings him back to reality and continue reacquainting himself with her anatomy.

She gasps and shudders as he sweeps his muzzle along her underbelly and he smiles against her with approval. She was right about lust, it had never been difficult to arouse that feeling between them and he easily finds it now, his blunted teeth becoming more forceful and possessive when they land on her unblemished skin. As he huffs into her hip, she is quick to pacify him but nothing in her words is soothing. She speaks of using him, using this Gale, and finally he laughs but it is clearly lacking in warmth and humor. “I would say the latter.” He finally responds reluctantly, not liking to admit their disadvantage anymore than she would. As much as he hungered to make things right, to break Gale into a million pieces for the sin of opening her up and feasting on her, he knows that a stallion like that is far beyond the understanding of magic that he can comprehend. It’s not a good thought, it reminds him of when he was plain and mortal and weak. When Cheri had looked at him with her beauty and magic and the ease of which she had gone through life, so clearly marked in the brightness of her eyes and the high tilt of her head.  He snorts and grumbles along the pointed bone beneath Aela's flesh, the scales flaring along his body at the thought. “There is only so much healing I can do Aela.” There is a warning there, a subtle one that if she went too far he might not be able to bring her back. Or himself if he lost her.

It is strange to see her look uncertain as he glances back at her, he’s not sure he has ever seen that expression on her face before, the way it darkens her blue eyes into something like the churning ocean waves during a squall. He looks at her and his roguish grin softens into something softer, just for a moment, as he wonders if even she wore some sort of cruel armor too, like he did. But then she gives her coy smile at his suggestion and his devious look returns as he moves behind her, his teeth at her croup before he rises and pulls her against him with his forelimbs. This was something he could understand, the sharp inhales and warmth of being inside her. It was easier to fall into the pleasures of the flesh then sit in all that worry and uncertainty. Better to get lost within her instead of thinking of confusing feelings, magicians that could eat your heart, and infuriating mares that could never understand him like the one beneath him would.

obscene

@Aela