• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  It's been awhile since I first saw you
    I hum a little disappointed noise. Victory without battle seemed a hollow thing, but I suppose the easy route had its appeal. To walk in and claim something without resistance... Well. I think I have always ruled these woods, to some degree or other. The memory of the tired mare who acquiesced to me some years ago now is absent. Fallen through a weak spot in my tattered mind. 

These two, however, I think I mistrust. More than most, anyway. There's a sharpness in her eyes when I murmur my criticisms, and it brings a vague smile to my lips. Not just a pretty face, eh? "Keep her, don't keep her. I'm sure she'll land on her feet either way. Won't you?" I say with a throaty rasp. 

The spindle in my chest is a reminder; the risk run with playing too hard with one's toys. They do not go back together in quite the same way, once broken. Break it too many times, and you might not even recognize what's left of the pieces for what they once were. Oh, but the way my blood shines is a beautiful thing... 

And then it seems they wish to turn the conversation back on me. My eyes narrow ever so slightly, a persistent knocking growing louder in my mind. It's been there this whole time, I realize, like a woodpecker hunting grubs in the background. Which one, which one... Ah

The memory grabs hold, a dimly lit meeting drawn in the palette of emotions more than real colors. It's a violent recollection, one fraught with pain and despair. I flinch, and like a reflex a stab of lightning runs back up the channel opened between my mind and the interloper. I hope it hurts. 

"That wasn't very nice," I snarl softly, looking back to the girl who's face had briefly appeared in my mind, now standing so innocently at my door. Ozone scent builds in the air, the promise of a storm soon coming. Sooner, if they insist on playing games with me. 

My gaze, sharp as knives, cuts between them. "Enough of this playacting. Why are you here," For clearly this is no social call. I have not been the kind of mare one visits for fun in a very long time. Only when there is need. Need that can't be fulfilled anywhere else. 

@Aela@"Obscene"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It's been awhile since I first saw you - by Sabra - 07-05-2021, 10:57 AM