• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Reave

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

It’s hard to say whether it’s fortunate or unfortunate that Cheri had only ever found the brighter, happier sides of him. Her good opinion had been shaped on the levity of his youth rather than the chaos of what had followed. He doesn’t know if it will last, but in a way it is something of a kindness to have at least one relation who believes him capable of goodness.

As he steps beneath the shelter of the overhanging stone, a smile lingers at the corners of his lips. His eyes are sharp beneath the glowing mask, fixed on the familiar green and black of the pegasus. There is a strange sort of awareness in them. One that could only be gained through a queer combination of insigh and hindsight. One that ran with a rare strength in their bloodline.

He laughs at her greeting, unable to help himself. “You’ve picked up a thing or two while you’ve been away,” he quips, blue eyes gleaming with humor. He tilts his head slightly, peering at her openly. “Whatever my counterparts in the South might call themselves, I am hardly a Lord.”

Rune chooses that moment to let loose an indignant screee. Reave, briefly distracted, turns his attention to the eagle for a long moment before returning his attention to Cheri with a grin. “Rune is much more insistent about certain things than I am, don’t listen to him.”

He falls silent then as he studies Cheri curiously. Though her annoyance had begun to fade, the memories still flicker through the lingering traces. Those of their mutual relations he ignores, but the rest? Well, suffice it to say, he’s intrigued. But what is far more intriguing are the ones that trace forward. The ones that, if he plays his cards right, could collide again with his own.

The grin on his lips turns decidedly sly.

“I’m not the only one who has been up to things though, have I?” he asks, eyeing her in a way that clearly suggests he knows just what she has been up to.

reave

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Reave - by Cheri - 06-10-2021, 09:09 PM
    RE: She's A Mercenary With Perfume - Reave - by Reave - 06-17-2021, 09:05 AM