• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how I missed your fire
    When Brunhilde murmurs mention of a competition over who would shine more at night, Vastra’s glittering skin brightens a moment before she brushes her muzzle against fire-bright skin and whispers back in her rough, delight-filled voice. “I’d like that.”

Her apologies are soothed away, their cheeks pressed together for a too-short moment. And then a frown darkens Vastra’s expression when Brunhilde says that she couldn’t come looking for her. Worry causes the sparkling on her skin to fade and she only delays asking what the other mare means by that statement because of the questions that come rushing out of the fire-winged mare.

Had she been sick again? Or had someone been keeping her where she did not want to be?

Vastra, who has finally learned some social graces, does not fight against the change in topic but she keeps those words held fast in her mind and does not intend to forget them. “I’ve been in Tephra.” Although Vastra feels no shame about having multiple lovers, she cannot remember if Brunhilde is of a similar mind. It is a new and uncomfortable feeling, this worry, and it frustrates her. Her explanation is vague as a result, but still true. “I have two other children, and that is where their family is.” Her mouth finds Brunhilde’s mane and she toys with it, attempting to say with actions what she does not know how to say with words - how the presence of anyone else in her life doesn’t negate what she feels with the fire mare.

Some words do come more easily and she asks in a curious voice - inspired both by this enjoyable closeness and the concern and fury that still curl in her stomach at Brunhilde’s earlier words. “Do you like the heat? You could come stay with me.” A brush of her sparkling muzzle against orange skin as she adds thoughtfully “The jungle would suit you, I think.” Vastra would like to see it - the vivid Brunhilde framed with the lush Tephran foliage, how she’d make even the brightest of the animals seem dull in comparison.

VASTRA

@brunhilde

Messages In This Thread
    how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-06-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-12-2021, 12:25 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-15-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-27-2021, 04:54 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 07-04-2021, 11:11 AM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 08-05-2021, 01:43 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 08-22-2021, 06:24 PM