• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how I missed your fire
    It had been too long since she had sought out the fire mare, Vastra knew this and hoped that today she would rectify it. Help ease the guilt that has been gnawing at her. Her mind had been preoccupied lately, raising her youngest children - waiting to see if Svedka would return. Plotting his death if he did and he did not have a good excuse.

But now, as she wanders the meadow at dusk - hoping to catch sight of a familiar fiery glow - Vastra does not think these reasons are good enough. She remembers the time when Brunhilde had been wasting away, remembers how fierce and beautiful she became as she started to become stronger. It is silly now to reflect and have Tephra consume her days when she had a promise left unkept.

That she would protect Brunhilde and Chel for as long as she lived.

Dusk is nearly night by the time Vastra sees her, feels relief and uncertainty all at once. She does not hesitate in the approach though she will hesitate in much to come. And her voice is softer than it usually is when she calls out with a smile, still enjoying the rough taste of the other mare's name on her tongue.

“Brunhilde.”

Though every inch of her wants to close the gap between them, Vastra refrains - time has always been so strange for her. She is steady and unchanging with her emotions and feelings throughout the years but she is learning not to assume the same of others. So while she would not blame the beautiful, fiery mare for any hard feelings she is selfishly hoping that they will not be so strong that they cannot be soothed away. Because Vastra is, right down to her core, very happy to see her again and the sparkling that overtakes her coat and wings becomes a visible testament to that.

VASTRA

@[brunhilde] <3

Messages In This Thread
    how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-06-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-12-2021, 12:25 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 06-15-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 06-27-2021, 04:54 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 07-04-2021, 11:11 AM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by brunhilde - 08-05-2021, 01:43 PM
    RE: how I missed your fire - by Vastra - 08-22-2021, 06:24 PM