• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  one of them is how bad i need you; Haunt

i got issues, you got ‘em too
    so give ‘em all to me, and i’ll give mine to you
    i got issues, and one of 'em is how bad i need you

Misfit did not go into the forest to look for his father. He did not find him there. He did not hope to or suspect that he might. Ether is his father. The relationship is not as close as the one Ether shared with his blood children but he respects and cares for the stallion because he recognizes how fiercely his mother is loved.
    Briseis deserves nothing less, and another lesser mate might have found himself at the wrong end of the violence tangled into Misfit’s genes.

He doesn’t know anything about his father, his mother has never told him anything and he has never been concerned. She is enough, perhaps that makes him odd. As if that is the only odd thing about him.

Misfit did not go into the forest to get lost, but he did. The grullo boy, for then he was still a boy and just barely a man got very lost. The forest being what it is, a place that is not quite right and certainly a little malevolent, might have decided to hide him. It shouldn’t have been possible for Misfit to go missing from his gifted family, even if he was rather mundane more than one of them could have plucked him out of just about anywhere and returned him right back home.

He wakes on a morning like any other, and in the late moments of sunrise light is cutting across a small dry clearing. Bindweed blooms with white and pink veined flowers across the hard ground and climbs the trees on the meadows edge. Nothing has changed from the day before, Misfit stands in the shade as he always does as the morning light comes in so that he can watch the way it catches on the dustmotes and dew. He has been here longer than he can even understand and every attempt to go home brings him right back. Sometimes wolves come, or other things, but he does not give up. Even though the reasons to hang on get confusing, and there are days he doesn’t remember the name that comes to his lips this morning.
    “Haunt..”

MISFIT

@[Haunt] come find him peas

Messages In This Thread
    one of them is how bad i need you; Haunt - by Misfit - 06-06-2021, 12:10 AM