• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bury me and fade to gray
    It is lucky for both Draco and Enthrall that Draco has always taken to the strange. A childhood spent in Pangea, reared next to monsters, taught the demon that there is only beauty in bizarre and chaotic. It seems to follow him: the bizarre and the chaotic, as if simply by existing he sends out some signal to call the strange to his side.

(Or, perhaps, he seeks it out - desperately; because he is odd and full of rage and it grows terribly lonely to suffer at the hands madness, even when it is contained.)

Initially, Draco doesn't notice the filly's approach. Too entrenched in wetting his dust-bowl mouth, his head remains dipped and his ears pinned tightly to his mane. But the child approaches him as if his fear means nothing, and the lack of fear will always hold its merit to the demon.

(Little does he know, Enthrall is fear itself, the embodiment of fear: a better wielder of fear magic than Draco. Perhaps he'll take to her more because of it, or perhaps he'll feel such jealousy that he'll spurn her or attempt to devour her power.)

Draco doesn't startle when he finally notices the child; instead, his head suddenly pops up and his gaze zeroes in on the girl still glowing pale in the dying light. "Hello, girl," he greets, stepping curiously closer. He approaches until he is peering down at her, snake-tongue flicking in and out. A fanged grin beams down at the filly. "Where's your mother? It's nearly night, you shouldn't be out here all alone." The words mean nothing, though, as the demon is already planning on bringing this fearless child home with him.
    art by dozymare

@[Enthrall]
    hitch a ride on my violence

Messages In This Thread
    bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-03-2021, 08:50 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-06-2021, 03:17 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-11-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-12-2021, 11:34 AM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-21-2021, 12:28 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-29-2021, 01:28 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 08-22-2021, 09:19 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 08-24-2021, 09:51 PM