• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bury me and fade to gray
    It was when his hooves split that Draco had finally had enough.

He was on his back in the dust of Pangea, rubbing away the last bits of fur that itched and itched until he felt completely mad. The numb sensation that washed over him was soothing, almost entirely calming, as the furious energy of his changing seemed to finally melt away. Draco's newly forked tail whipped against the red clay, stirring up endless particles of dust. Red, pupil-less eyes stared thoughtlessly into the floating dirt that glittered in the late afternoon sun.

Crack!

A gasp, the noise more choking than frightened, escapes Draco's lips. His eyes go wide and seething: "FUCK!" Blood spills out of the tears made simultaneously in each hoof. "Fuck, shit, fuck, shit," the demon hisses, then closes his eyes, feeling the so much anger and untamed power making his heart race. "Fuck," he whispers, just a hint of genuine worry for himself laced into his tone.

After a moment of consideration, Draco rolls over, lurching to a stand before he can second-guess the ache. He peers down at his now cloven hooves, then heaves in one furious breath before racing forward and leaving a small trail of blood in his wake.

It's nearly sundown when the demon reaches the river. He flies into the water, only coming to a stop when he can feel the rush of the liquid pull against his chest. Draco dips his head to gulp water and remains there, feeling as if he'll be thirsty for the rest of his life.
    art by dozymare

@[ratty] <3
    hitch a ride on my violence

Messages In This Thread
    bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-03-2021, 08:50 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-06-2021, 03:17 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-11-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-12-2021, 11:34 AM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-21-2021, 12:28 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-29-2021, 01:28 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 08-22-2021, 09:19 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 08-24-2021, 09:51 PM