• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any
    Desire

“I do prefer it that way, actually,” she says, another sultry smile curling like smoke across her pale lips. She doesn’t think her mother had any idea the creature she would grow to be when she had named her—or, perhaps she had. Perhaps she had known all along the two galaxy-drenched twins that she had birthed would live up to exactly as she christened them: Stave and Desire. Stave, with his ability to drain life with a mere glance, and Desire, with her illusions crafted from love and lust. Could she have been anything else with such a name? Maybe it was fate, or perhaps it was a curse, to name her something that spoke only of want and sin (because to desire something would never be the same as loving something). Her mother must have known, even when she was newly born, that her fate was inevitable; covered in constellations that no one would recognize, glittering with nameless stars, she was never meant to be anything besides an otherworldly beauty with a mean streak to match.

“But I’ll spare you the agony,” she pauses, before continuing honey-sweet and teasing, “I’ll be content with you saying my name at all.”

She lets the conversation shift from her one-sided flirtations and back to Pangea, if not a little reluctantly. She always found this part to be dull, the having to get to know someone. Darkling was, at the very least, interesting, and she at least was capable of recognizing that he was probably useful. It would make sense to try and persuade him into staying, especially since she was not in the position to be turning anyone away. When he says Pangea is in his blood she tilts her head curiously, half-expecting him to be another of her father’s innumerable offspring that felt Pangea is ‘in their blood’ (by all means, come stake your claim then, she thinks wryly to herself), but something tells her that is not quite what he is getting at. “You were born here, then?”
    so we're slaves to any semblance of touch, lord we should quit, but we love it too much

@Darkling

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any - by Desire - 09-01-2021, 12:20 AM