• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I love to gaze into infinity [Gale]

Ciri

He looks more like a storm than ever, his coat matching the darkness of the sky above them and seeming to shine with the threat of rain beneath the light of both her stars and the ones in the sky. Vaguely she remembers that he had been covered in more brindling before, more marks had cut through the darkness of his flesh, but as he sends a shimmer of lightning to crawl along his body she merely shrugs it off with a delighted laugh. He was a magnificent shifter after all. “Lightning Boy through and through.” She compliments him with a smile and a soft touch of her muzzle to his unmarred neck. There’s many scents lingering on his skin and not all of them smell of Hyaline. She pulls back with a question on her mind, wondering where he had been traveling and what he had been up to since they had last spoken.

As he teasingly mocks her, she can’t help but laugh again with a slight roll of a scarred shoulder. “Point taken.” He seems to move towards her but then stops and looks back over his shoulder. Her swirling gaze follows his line of sight and when he continues to stare, distracted, her smile fades slightly. “Gale?” She asks tentatively, a worried look darkening her features and twisting the ugly scar slashed across her face. An osprey lands on his bristled mane and she assumes this is the same one that had circled in the sky above them that day in Hyaline. His friend. How peculiar that the blue of the birds eyes looked so similar to that of Gale’s. She hadn't noticed that before when it had been gliding high in the morning sky.

Something pinches within her, that same gut feeling she had gotten when she had landed in the Underneath. That same nagging bell that rings in the distance of her mind that something wasn’t quite right. Her hold on the stars seems to tighten, her grip firm as the ones around her seem to shine even brighter in response. She’s never tried to use her shield for anyone besides herself (doesn’t think she even can) but she will try if something broke from the shadowed trees. Then again Gale could shift into almost anything, she remembers, he could easily defend himself but she would not leave him to face it alone.

“Gale?” She asks quietly again but there’s a sharp edge in her tone as the skin at the base of her neck begins to prickle. “Are you alright?” Her mercury gaze seems strangely drawn to the bird that grips the stiff hairs of his mane and the boldness of its stare is enough to make her take a slow step backwards.

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-02-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-03-2021, 09:02 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-05-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-10-2021, 11:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-19-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:05 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-23-2021, 11:27 AM