• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen

Mazikeen remains still as kisses are pressed against her throat and neck. She does not lean into them, as she would have with Gale, but she doesn’t let herself move away either. Another small shiver runs through her, causing the long glowing fur to quake slightly. This intimate touch introduces new confusion into her mind - revulsion and a longing she doesn’t understand. She shouldn’t miss this, shouldn’t crave it. She’ll have her chance to be kissed by Gale again when he is the one in control of his body.

It is when he refers to Sabal’s son that she finally flinches and immediately she regrets it. She needs to get better at schooling her reactions, at keeping them contained, if she is going to have a chance at succeeding. All her emotions are so out in the open, have been for so long, and they give her away. Every weakness, every flaw for everyone to see.

Mazikeen tries not to think about how he said that she would hurt the boy. Not him. He would make her do it. She does not believe she would, but she does not want to know what he would do if she refused. So she must avoid that scenario.

In Gale’s voice, it tells her that this won’t be so bad if she does as she’s told and she believes that to be true. Mazikeen cannot at this moment think of a time when the Curse had lied to her. It had followed their previous deal to stick only to nighttime excursions, as far as she knew. It had killed her when it said it would. She was the one who had lied, wasn’t she? She had been the betrayer.

Still illuminated by her glowing markings with an anger she doesn’t believe will ever truly fade, Mazikeen speaks in a softer version of the growl she had just used. A restrained version as she attempts to make herself compliant. “Say it to me, tell me you won’t hurt them. My friends in Hyaline, Wishbone, and Gale’s brothers. And Sabal, when she leaves.” It is not a terribly long list but as she says it she brushes her muzzle against his armoured hide with a kiss of her own, pushing down on the disgust that tries to rise up when she does. It is a brief contact but enough that she feels more confused, unsure of whether she’d stop herself if she left it there longer.

She is going to be good, she is going to behave, and she will save them.

When she continues, her voice is rough - the words belong to someone else and Mazikeen attempts to pretend she doesn’t hear them. That avoiding saying her friend’s name out loud in this context somehow makes it easier. “And then tell me if you’d like to come watch me kick out the kelpie.” She thinks this might be something it will like, to see the pain it will cause them both. For Mazikeen to lose her Champion and her sister.

m a z i k e e n .

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 06-11-2021, 08:05 AM