• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Her struggles embolden it, and with a smile it comes even nearer. The fear that glitters in her eyes is delightful, and the Curse imagines it can smell her terror and fury as it scrapes Gale’s sharp teeth along her throat and contemplates ripping her open. She’s stubborn enough to resist, the Curse knows, and strong enough to put up a good fight even in the face of inevitability.

The sharp horns she sprouts are proof of that, but it only laughs.

Perhaps she is not so unpredictable after all. It only needs to expect her to do the most foolhardy thing.

Her desperation, then, feels all the more wonderful to the dark thing. So it shakes Gale’s head, and an amused smile curls up at the edge of his mouth. Mazikeen truly thinks she can save her friends.

She can’t, of course, but the Curse is willing to let her think she might. It knows better than to trust her though, so for a long time it is quiet, watching her with Gale’s electric gaze. She makes an offer, but anything she might give the Curse could easily take for no price at all.

What then, might make limiting its hunting worthwhile?

Something that would make her glow, it decides.

“Obedience.”

It smiles, and continues before she can protest.

“I’ll let you stay Alpha. it refers to its previous plan: that of killing whomever had been her replacement. But if Mazikeen is alive and following his commands, he doesn’t need to accept any of the more burdensome responsibilities of leading. She can do the hard work, and he can reap the benefits.

Benefits like keeping captives, and starting wars, and watching Mazikeen’s loved ones die while she worries it is her own fault. What an absolutely delightful future!

Any irritation at being pricked by her sharp horns disappears as it draws closer, ivory armor plating the bear’s skin so that it might press intimately near.

“But you’ll do anything - everything - I ask of you.” It wants to feel her tremble, perhaps even to watch her flinch away, so the last of the bone magic returns to his skin. “Starting with telling Sabal she is not welcome in Hyaline anymore.”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen - by Gale - 06-06-2021, 07:41 AM