• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen

It does not take long for the glowing markings to return and illuminate her fur. Mazikeen tries to turn her head away when he leans closer but she finds she cannot move and fear fuels her anger - the markings seeming to radiate from that point of contact as they flare to life once more. She is thinking about how she has definitely not accepted that Gale is gone, not forever, when the mention of Wishbone chills her. Her orange eyes widen and her fear shines so obviously in them.

Mazikeen had planned so much, had taken so much care, and it had taken no time at all for him to find where she had left the children.

She knows Wishbone could have survived anything he did to her... right? She had witnessed the rebirth of her friend into another body when they had first met. Their friendship was one forged in blood and battle. Still, fury and fear mix with guilt over her failure and Mazikeen grows sick with the idea of Gale eating her heart and eyes, of doing to Wishbone what had been done to her. She tries to snap at him again, but she is still held rigid and fast by whatever magic he had been using. So instead, large, thorny horns sprout from all over her bloody face - pushed out with all the speed she can muster, hoping to catch him, wound him.

Knowing it won’t cause any lasting damage.

And then words are quick to follow once those thorns have disappeared back into her skin a heartbeat later. Desperate words that push out of her almost without thought. “What will it take? For you to leave my friends alone?” What can I give you? is what she’s really asking, hoping that there is something. Mazikeen doesn’t include herself as someone to be protected on purpose and she can only hope the Curse will accept another deal with her after she had not followed through on the last one. There is, after all, no point in resisting so she might as well try to save who she can.

m a z i k e e n .

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen - by Mazikeen - 06-04-2021, 07:52 AM