• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The scowl returns at her single-word answer, accompanied by a tilt of Gale’s head. No? Why then is she covered in blood? Gale would have asked, unable to hide his curiosity, but the Curse is less concerned. Perhaps it’s some sort of ceremonial war-paint for this confrontation between them.

It likes the idea that she’s had to prepare for it, and stares without blinking as though it can read what goes on behind her orange eyes. It does try, but that is not yet an ability the Curse possess, though perhaps she will feel the intrusion before it withdraws to look more carefully at her.

Her snap at the mention of the children intrigues it. They will be a good tool against her, it decides, and resolves to hunt down a horse with the ability to Track so it might find them itself.

Mazikeen asks what lesson she should have learned, and the Curse narrows Gale’s electric blue gaze. Four or five surprises ago, it might have taken her at her word. But Gale’s trusting nature has finally given way to the natural suspicion of the dark thing within him. The innocence in her tone is feigned, and it wants to push her farther, to see how much it will take for her to glow again..

“That there’s no point resisting.” It says, leaning closer. The trick from the purple mare seeps into her skin where they touch, binding Mazikeen’s bones and keeping her completely still. It sniffs at the blood across her face for a moment. It’s hers, and fresh, so maybe she’s just been recently injured after all.

“That Gale is gone.” It says, the long pause between the continuous thoughts only an echo of the man he’d been. “You could ask Wishbone, if she recovers.” It suspects the waterfall will save her. Leaving with neither the children nor the entity had rankled it, but there was some small solace in having ripped open the Tephran Queen’s purple chest and consumed her heart and magic.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen - by Gale - 06-03-2021, 08:38 PM