• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

This host had regrown itself from a wing and a bit of spine, so Mazikeen’s recovery isn’t exactly miraculous.

It is, however, incredibly annoying.

“I was looking forward to killing the new Alpha,” it tells her as she stands in front of it. Despite the sharp teeth that the words must pass through, they manage to sound nearly petulant.

It scowls with the hyena’s heavy brow, and looks down at her glowing chest. There is no sign amidst the thick fur that it had ripped her apart, and the crimson blood that streaks her face is evidence that another heart beats within. Why is her face bloody anyway, it wonders? There are no wounds on her furious face.

“Have you been using my presents?” It asks suddenly, and the frown has turned to a smile at the idea of her utilizing the entities, and of how she must think of it when she does. Had she fought a battle, it wonders, stolen someone away from their home?

She sounds angry and though it knows better than to trust her, she would not be the first to willingly embrace the Curse rather than accept that their lover was dead.

“I was thinking of you when I got them,” it tells her. They are words Gale would say, and words that Gale would mean in an entirely different way than the Curse does. They’re not said with Gale’s voice though. It’s the Curse that speaks as the hyena steps closer to the glowing bear, shifting seamlessly into the navy version of her pale shape.

“Well, you and the children.” It amends its words as it draws closer, near enough it might reach out and taste the blood that masks her orange eyes. “A shame you had to hide them from me, but I do appreciate the resurrection. I assume you’ve learned your lesson?”

It had wanted to kill the new Alpha and crown itself, but for the first time it does not mind the way that Mazikeen has dashed its plans. This time, it is for the better. It will simply kill her a second time, and if that’s not enough, a third. She’ll eventually tell it where the children are, the Curse is sure, and if she doesn’t at least her ability to survive having her heart consumed means she shouldn’t struggle with another pregnancy to give it the children she owes.

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is going to bring me to my knees | Mazikeen - by Gale - 06-02-2021, 07:16 PM