• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  shake that gravit-ass

a n u y a

There comes a point when there are only so many rocks you can toss around. Anuya didn’t feel any different for all the relocated pebbles she’s assisted in finding new homes, and she did not feel like it had been enough to go trekking up the mountain again. That had been an exhausting walk the first time and she wanted to make sure that it was worth it - and that she didn’t go climbing all the way up there just to be told to walk all the way back down and try again.

So she was going to just have to move some other stuff. That shouldn’t be too hard.

She’s in her thinking stance, which is just like all her other normal stances except now she’s actually trying to think a little harder, while standing in the meadow when she gets an idea. Maybe, maybe she should be thinking bigger. Not to the point of shifting trees around at all because she’s pretty sure that’s impossible but what about horses? They were usually pretty mobile anyway but she bet she could get one of them to move.

As the sun slips beneath the horizon and her starry markings begin to glow, her eyes catch on a more fiery glow - and before she can think about it any more (or at all) she drifts towards them. It isn’t someone she recognizes, which helps with this impulse decision as she walks right up and tries to shove his hip with her shoulder. “Hey buddy, mind scootin' over a bit?”

art credit

@[gravitas]
    GRAVITAS
    This is not his first taste of liberation, but it is perhaps the most permanent.
    Gone are the stars, replaced instead by fire.

Even the mane and tail glow, as if doused in flame. 
    All three of them, untouched by the galaxies that tethered them to the Father.

Baptism by fire, they are reborn. A family unto themselves, orphans in the most spectacular way. (Though he plans still to see to it that the viper dies.)

He emerges in the meadow something entirely different than he’d been the last time he set foot here. (In looks only, really, because there are still a Mother and a Father out in the world who do not deserve the air they breathe, whose blood still course through the children’s veins. They are cursed, the children, and for that he will always resent them.)

Perhaps he should have stuck to the forest, he thinks, especially when someone slams into his hip and a thick layer of diamonds ripples across the skin there. Too late to do any damage to the offending party, unfortunately. He gnashes his teeth, turning his head sharply and stopping just short of sinking them into her flesh. 

He’d know those ears anywhere.

Oh, are we buddies now?” he asks. But he obliges, side-stepping a few feet and shaking his head with that same slanted smirk. 

@[Anuya]

The diamonds that ripple across the skin she’s just knocked into are her first clue that this is someone she knows, despite her original thought. Which is really, very confusing. Is it possible to change your colour here? Her mind, naturally, races with a million ridiculous thoughts - none of which is is concern over the teeth he snaps in her direction.

She’s far too distracted by the diamonds to worry about a little thing like that.

Anuya knows those diamonds - and she certainly knows that voice and the slanted smirk that accompanies it soon after. He shuffles to the side and she feels triumphant - but despite the fact that her mission was just accomplished, she doesn’t move.

Well, she doesn’t move away. She shifts her stance to better look at his face though her turquoise eyes are busy taking in his new colours, tracing them and trying to think of she can think of a name for all of them.

She’s still trying to figure out the particular shade along his back when she speaks and as a result her voice is a little distracted at first, but about halfway through her attention snaps back to his face. Like she just remembered that’s the polite thing to do. “Am I going senile or are you a completely different colour than last time?” And then, belatedly, his words sink and, though she’s grinning, those pale eyes narrow in mock affront. “And are you trying to say we aren’t buddies?”

Anuya

@[gravitas]
    GRAVITAS
    He’d almost forgotten.
    (As in, he had almost managed to erase the memory from his mind. Emerging from the lake fully changed, the stars gone, replaced instead by fire, his sisters similarly transformed.) 

If he hadn’t wanted to talk about it, perhaps he should have played it off as if they didn’t know each other at all. But he’d acted on impulse, letting the joke crawl up his throat before he could stop it. Before he could remember that he’d changed. 

At least she doesn’t shout.
    Still, he shifts uncomfortably beneath her studious gaze, wholly unused to being looked at so closely. And he works to alleviate his own unease by summoning up another smirk in response to her question. He rolls his shoulders, tilts his head and shifts his focus to the horizon. “I don’t know, when does senility typically set in?” he asks, the tone thoughtful, teasing. 

He does not want to talk about the change or its catalyst. He does not want to talk about the darkness now any more than he’d wanted to talk about it the last time their paths crossed and he’s grateful that she asks something entirely different.

He draws his focus back to her face and rolls his shoulders again, noncommittal. “I know that you’re the youngest of eight but I don’t know your name. So, if we are buddies, I’d say we’re pretty unconventional.” 

@[Anuya]

His question about senility makes her laugh, and though her voice is at a normal volume there is nothing quiet or demure about the way she does that one thing. It is always full of sound and brightness even though she can remember a time when she was teased for having an obnoxious laugh. When her siblings had poked and prodded her about that, it had only gotten louder.

“For me? Probably not until I’m 800 or so. I imagine for you it’s just around the corner though.”

She’s still learning how the lifespan of these horses work - especially with all the magic saturating Beqanna. Maybe this star-turned-fire stallion has more years left than her, maybe he is already old.

He seems older than her, though she knows that’s not true based on his reaction to her age last time they met. There’s just something about him. Probably a combination of how serious he is and how very much not she is.

His noncommittal rolling of the shoulders to her question about being buddies inspires another grin and she is happy to point out “It’s not my fault you didn’t ask.” There had been other, more interesting things to speak of that day so she had not gotten around to it either. “I have no problem being unconventional, but - I’m Anuya.”

Anuya

@gravitas