• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  let it wash over me like a flood
    His smile needles the memory of his death further, almost even inspires a growl out of her. That had been her reaction last time, his laugh had fueled their frenzy as they had sought to stop it - to tear out his throat so the sound could cease. Now she stares at him in confusion, feeling detached from her violent memories but haunted by them all the same. The instincts no longer exist in her, the ones that tell her to hunt and kill whoever she can get her teeth into, she is just left with the memories.

“I remember what your heart tasted like.” She tells him in a low accusatory voice, but the blame is not directed at him - it is focused inwards at herself. The guilt that haunts her does not ease up in the presence of someone she thought was dead - the gentle movement of the stars around her is her reminder of the souls that she had helped to take. That even if he survived, there are others. There will always be others and she can never be free of them.

Her black eyes are narrowed in her confusion as she stands there, trying to remember how to string together the right syllables to form an apology. As if an apology could fix anything. Instead, she thinks of her mother and how there had been two of them together that day as there always had been. A matching set until the eclipse came, until she had changed.

So a warning comes out instead of that apology. “The other will try to find you if she catches your scent.” Although this mare does not feel that all-consuming anger anymore, she can remember the bitter taste of it in her mouth. She knows that the monster that was her dam would not stop until she killed him again and again and again if she needed to.
    NOSTROMO

@[Cassian]

Messages In This Thread
    let it wash over me like a flood - by Nostromo - 05-28-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-01-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Nostromo - 06-09-2021, 09:17 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-10-2021, 08:47 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-21-2021, 02:34 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 07-30-2021, 10:04 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 01-18-2022, 12:50 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-04-2022, 11:11 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-23-2022, 10:29 AM