• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I watch them break, divide, the rich and deprived; Elliana
    I knew her for a little ghost
    That in my garden walked;
    The wall is high—higher than most—
    And the green gate was locked.

She remembers more details than she would wish to. The way the cobblestone smelled after a rain. The way the wildflowers tickled her gold shadow legs when she ran through them. The way the cold air whipped at her face the night she and her father stayed out late to catch the northern lights. The taste of salt water when Anandi first taught her how to swim. She tries to rid herself of these details, these worthless detail. But they stay around, stubborn. She has come to accept their existence, but she does not reminisce, she does not prize her memories like her mother does.

And maybe that makes Elliana strange.
    Good thing she concerns herself to little with the thoughts of others.

She could not know whether he has been in love or has not. Elliana herself does not quite know where she rests on that plane. It is either she has not yet felt it, experienced it, or—she has felt it far too often to recognize it as something more significant that others may consider it to be. (Isolt, Danae, Aeneas, Bird) Do you love them, Elliana?

Without a doubt.

“I grew up being told to be wary of strangers,” she says even if she doesn't know why. (A mother that met a stranger in a forest, a stranger beside a bonfire, a stranger in a meadow, and countless reasons more). “Tempting offer,” she says to him, sparking her own shadow grin that perches on the corner of her lips. “Do I get to keep one?” She asks with a sweeping blink of forget-me-not eyes.

She would laugh, if she were not so much like her monk father, she would giggle and chuckle with wild abandon. Instead it is a quiet moment of humor, seen in the crinkle of her eyes, heard in the extra beat of her heart, and felt in the way the sunlight warms her just a little bit more. “Not yet, Reave,” she says and bumps his shoulder as he moves past her. “I am not so easily frightened by shadows or strangers.”

"Speaking."
    |

@[Reave]
    Picture colored by star <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I watch them break, divide, the rich and deprived; Elliana - by Elliana - 06-19-2021, 02:56 PM